• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suv Under 2.5Mil?

don03

Ive been hunting for something less than 2.5mil for sometime.. Pajero io, Santafe (2001), HRV, KIA sportage, Mazda Tribute are some ive come across. Love the HRV & Santafe but dnt have a good idea abt their fuel economies, repair costs n all. I got no idea of buying the GDI Pajero io cos of its cons with engine & the fuel consumption. Ive seen a Mazda tribute 2002 for 2.5mil here in good condition... but i just need some comparison btween the SUV's of this league.. any advice/help on this might save a lot of my as* flattered,hard earned money going out for some useless crap.. thanx

Unless you don't mind having to go all over the place and spending a lot of money on parts, stay away from the tribute. It's a good SUV but you really got to know what you are getting into with it or else you are going to mourn at the sight every repair bill.

From the list I think te best would be a santafe.I think the tucson might be in that range too. If so it would be nice. The IO if pretty good if low fuel consumption if what you are aiming at. But you must know that the IO is a mini SUV while the rest on your list are compact SUVs. Basically they are two ifferent classes so you should consider it before making a choice.

Go for a HR-V manual...(you may have to search a bit, cos there are very few for sale)

easily does 9+ KMPL( manual, not auto), which i feel for a SUV is more than enough.

Go for HRV manual, trouble free ride with very good fuel consumption,good look. will do 10-12 kmpl in average traffic.

Good luck !

one saying it do 9kmpl and other one saying it do 10-12kmpl who's right. :unsure:

btw can someone share light in this matter. :)

• Like 1

Unless you don't mind having to go all over the place and spending a lot of money on parts, stay away from the tribute. It's a good SUV but you really got to know what you are getting into with it or else you are going to mourn at the sight every repair bill.

From the list I think te best would be a santafe.I think the tucson might be in that range too. If so it would be nice. The IO if pretty good if low fuel consumption if what you are aiming at. But you must know that the IO is a mini SUV while the rest on your list are compact SUVs. Basically they are two ifferent classes so you should consider it before making a choice.

santafe the 2001 got the hulky look.. & spacious. but i got no idea abt its engine n the fuel consumption. Hrv is kindof a different kind & it is a compact suv with a Civic engine i guess ( CRV has the accord engine) & as the critics argue it does good on fuel.. only tings is its stupid look ..lol

Go for a HR-V manual...(you may have to search a bit, cos there are very few for sale)

easily does 9+ KMPL( manual, not auto), which i feel for a SUV is more than enough.

unfortunately ill have to go for an Auto :( cos there is a lady who will be using it as much as i am .. might have to bare the cost of another few kmpl

I said 9 on Colombo Traffic. recent trip to Galle it was 12.

It's sad you are going for an auto though.

wat u tink will be the loss in an auto against a manual? btw hw is d legspace in the driving seat? cos im 6 feet with long legs & had an extremely hard time with a A star recently. As ive heard HRV got good handling..isnt it?

wat u tink will be the loss in an auto against a manual? btw hw is d legspace in the driving seat? cos im 6 feet with long legs & had an extremely hard time with a A star recently. As ive heard HRV got good handling..isnt it?

Dude..! it depends on the driver too....An Auto will do about 8KmPL I heard (I have not driven an auto by myself to tell you exactly)

handling I have to say it's good, and the leg space will be ok with your parameters.

As a daily runner I can recommend this one, good luck on hunting for a well maintained HRV :)

Dude..! it depends on the driver too....An Auto will do about 8KmPL I heard (I have not driven an auto by myself to tell you exactly)

handling I have to say it's good, and the leg space will be ok with your parameters.

As a daily runner I can recommend this one, good luck on hunting for a well maintained HRV :)

thanx. actually im choosing btween a 2001 Santafe & the HRV, in search of pros n cons of those 2..

I had this HRV year back and most of the time travel thru Gampaha, Hanwella & Malabe so easily getting 10-12 km. Believe me it was doing 13+ one of my travel to Anuradhapura/Polonnaruwa. I have also driven my friend's Santafee which is bit more comfortable than HRV but bad on acceleration & fuel too.

Had to sell that(cash urgency :angry: )but still repenting on that having all good memories with it.

I had this HRV year back and most of the time travel thru Gampaha, Hanwella & Malabe so easily getting 10-12 km. Believe me it was doing 13+ one of my travel to Anuradhapura/Polonnaruwa. I have also driven my friend's Santafee which is bit more comfortable than HRV but bad on acceleration & fuel too.

Had to sell that(cash urgency :angry: )but still repenting on that having all good memories with it.

u mean the santafe 2001? hw much does it do on fuel?