• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Economy Of Different Hybrid Models.

Jith P

HI Guys,

I am looking forward to buy a Hybrid but have not decided on a model as I do not have much info on the fuel economy of the Hybrids. I require first-hand experience by Hybrid owners on the fuel economy and what kind to driving pattern is required to get that mileage.

Thanks.

Thanks Guys,

There are several posts but they do not provide answer to my questions.

I need to know the mileage provided by Toyota Prius 2nd and 3rd Gen and insight and Civic under local conditions,

It’s the day today experience by hybrid owners within Colombo traffic and suburbs.

Best people to answer this question are the members who actually own Hybrids.

Thanks Guys,

I guess they don't wanna answer you. Listen, read Pericles' post again. It has all the information you need.

Thanks Guys,

I need to know the mileage provided by Toyota Prius 2nd and 3rd Gen and insight and Civic under local conditions,

It’s the day today experience by hybrid owners within Colombo traffic and suburbs.

All the fuel economy numbers are in the threads as Pericles and Big D have said. Once you're in a particular thread you can also search within that thread using different search terms. This hybrid fuel economy subject has been beaten to death.

If fuel economy really is you're biggest thing, then the 3rd gen Prius is your car. Expect 22-25kmpl. My best trip average has been 35kmpl, early morning with very little traffic so I used hypermiling driving techniques.

The 2nd gen Prius gets just a little less, around 21-23. It's less, but not a meaningful difference from the 3rd gen.

The Insight, which uses a less sophisticated hybrid system than Toyota, gets about 18-20.

• Like 1

If fuel economy really is you're biggest thing, then the 3rd gen Prius is your car. Expect 22-25kmpl. My best trip average has been 35kmpl, early morning with very little traffic so I used hypermiling driving techniques.

you achieve those fuel figures in SL or US?. i don't think anyone can achieve 35kmpl in SL conditions. :rolleyes:

you achieve those fuel figures in SL or US?. i don't think anyone can achieve 35kmpl in SL conditions. :rolleyes:

It was in SL, very early in the morning. There was virtually no traffic and people on the road so I was able to hypermile the car. It isn't that hard to hypermile a Prius to 30+ kmpl on an empty roador lightly trafficked road.

I agree with you that it would be very difficult to impossible to achieve this figure in everyday daytime SL driving conditions.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, finally this are what I wanted to know, a true experience by those who actually own Hybrids.

On a lighter note-

Guys who believe that searching is the brainiest thing one can do, In the public forums it’s not a must that you have to make comments for each and every post

that appear, its wiser to abstain from updating if you are new to the subject or do not have relevant experience than being exposed.

Thanks guys, finally this are what I wanted to know, a true experience by those who actually own Hybrids.

On a lighter note-

Guys who believe that searching is the brainiest thing one can do, In the public forums it’s not a must that you have to make comments for each and every post

that appear, its wiser to abstain from updating if you are new to the subject or do not have relevant experience than being exposed.

Good point, forums can be very useful to share info/ ideas.

It is sad to see that it is being used to ridicule others so much so the purpose is lost.

After all majority of the population are not petrol heads

On a lighter note-

On an even lighter note, why do hybrid convo's always have to end with someone getting/being exposed? lol

Its even wiser to be able to find the information you need by searching instead of asking the same question thats already been asked and answered before. You're not all that special to think people should be reposting the same info on your behalf just coz you can't search.

• Like 3

On a lighter note-

Jeeze... since you were bumbling around trying to get someone to answer your post and no one did, Peri told you what you need to do. If you had pulled those fingers outta your a$$ and used them to do a search, you would have found "actual owners" fuel figures without anyone's help, and we would've had one less retarded thread.

• Like 1