• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Maruti Economy Rally 2011

piyal815

I have a question:

How can you go on a 188km trip with only 50km on the odometer? I think you mean speedometer.

Sylvi, please read this and learn :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odometer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedometer

I think he meant 50 Kmph on the speedometer machan :)

I know; which is why I posted the two links so that our dear friend can educate himself.

And I dont think its a typo, cos he used the same (wrong) term few times before too. Maybe they used to refer to the 'speedometer' as the 'odometer' 50 years ago in then Ceylon :rolleyes: Makes me think that he has experience from 50 years ago, rather than 50 years OF experience.

Hay Guys,

By the way, isn't the all new hybrid's doing around 22-27 km/l?

Then I think it's a big achievement for Maruti comparing to a 4mil computer on wheels? :P

• Like 1

'The Stig',

You have answered correctly to my post, my intention to other members to understand what I know about automobiles.

My post was a post based on the figures. Kilometers done and gasoline liters consumed.

From the start of the automobile industry all Odometers and speedometers are incorporated as one unit because this has a indicator for the driver to indicate what the speed he should drive for his destination.Specially to drive to the speed limits this meter is in common language called as a speedometer as you said.

It is more than 100 ago UK first step down on high speed drivers with the help of Automobile association.

I do not want to answer for posts posted by a members against me on very minor technical error on milometer and speedometer.It is a one unit in a automobile. AS HE IS ALWAYS TRY TO DRAG ME FOR AN AUGMENT.WILL NOT WASTE TIME FOR THAT MEMBERS POSTS.

Wishing you health wealth and happiness.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.