• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Maruti Economy Rally 2011

piyal815

It is said that the winner of Suzuki Maruti Economy Rally 2011 had done 45 kmpl. I appreciate if any one who participated in that mileage rally can explain how it was conducted and mileage calculated.

Not 45KMPL, it was around 22 kmpl mark. I saw the winners has been advertised on paper.

Members,

I was passing new bridge at Paliyagda today morning, I saw more than 300 Maruti new cars parked on their left hand side parking lot. All these will be registered very soon already have confirmed to buyers,According to their sales people.

When I contacted them on telephone their waiting list is full till next November, way Marut cars are selling by end of this year Maruti car sales will be more than any other make running on our roads.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

I was passing new bridge at Paliyagda today morning, I saw more than 300 Maruti new cars parked on their left hand side parking lot. All these will be registered very soon already have confirmed to buyers,According to their sales people.

When I contacted them on telephone their waiting list is full till next November, way Marut cars are selling by end of this year Maruti car sales will be more than any other make running on our roads.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

sigh :(:(

It is said that the winner of Suzuki Maruti Economy Rally 2011 had done 45 kmpl. I appreciate if any one who participated in that mileage rally can explain how it was conducted and mileage calculated.

Apparently the winner pushed the car most of the way... :)

• Like 2

u bet :)

come to think of it, im still wondering y Bajaj didn't introduce a car with a tuk tuk engine which could do 30+ kmpl.

'JayZ',

I am not telling stories, till 1980s we used mostly UK USA European automobiles as well as domestic appliances.

To day China India had come forward with some what high quality automobiles Computers domestic appliances.

Can you tell me any other product comes from Japan ordinary monthly wage earner can buy due to the high cost.

India has a large market once their economy was opened they went in for large production.

I use a Bajaj new one but fuel figures in town running I never get more than 25km/L out of Colombo 34Km/L at 40Km.

Now I will answer for your question I saw on drawing board and partly assembled bajaj three wheeler converted to four wheeler by a Srilankan Automobile engineer using two Bajaj chassis welded to gather with front suspension was very simple arrangement, with ribbed pipes canvas top 6 people can go few years back. He did not complete same due to a foreign job he was offered and migrated.Please note the Bajaj what we have in Srilanka is capable of carrying 500kgs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

well i was there..... it did 22 km/l Alto k 10

Not bad by the way for the economy class in srilanka :angry-smiley-048:

'shaanstop',

Yesterday lankadeepa Sinhalese paper 3rd page carries a 1/4 page advertisement to say, that 27.8Km/liter was the winner's figures. Have his photograph with five others who got cash awards for Alto and K1O.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'JayZ',

I am not telling stories, till 1980s we used mostly UK USA European automobiles as well as domestic appliances.

To day China India had come forward with some what high quality automobiles Computers domestic appliances.

Can you tell me any other product comes from Japan ordinary monthly wage earner can buy due to the high cost.

India has a large market once their economy was opened they went in for large production.

I use a Bajaj new one but fuel figures in town running I never get more than 25km/L out of Colombo 34Km/L at 40Km.

Now I will answer for your question I saw on drawing board and partly assembled bajaj three wheeler converted to four wheeler by a Srilankan Automobile engineer using two Bajaj chassis welded to gather with front suspension was very simple arrangement, with ribbed pipes canvas top 6 people can go few years back. He did not complete same due to a foreign job he was offered and migrated.Please note the Bajaj what we have in Srilanka is capable of carrying 500kgs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I totally agree with u Sylvi,

Nowadays affordability of a BN Euro is out of reach for most of us and japanese follows.

India and China are best for producing stuff for the masses. Cheap labour and mass production drastically reduce the manufacturing costs.

But we miss the quality of life we used to enjoy with all the quality products while back. Not only vehicles, this is applicable to most of the consumer stuff we use nowadays.

Having said that, i dont have any grudge with the Maruti /alto drivers.

Its indeed a decent ride. But its sad when thinking about ppl loosing their pride and joy with the cheap A to B cars. :( :(

• 3 weeks later...

Members,

Today My Marutu Omni with 4 people and their luggage went to Chilaw total trip was 188 K Ms driven by a experienced driver he never drives more than 50 K Ms on the odometer.

The Fuel figure are 17.18 Per liter. Full tank to full tank. I checked after coming to Colombo.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Today My Marutu Omni with 4 people and their luggage went to Chilaw total trip was 188 K Ms driven by a experienced driver he never drives more than 50 K Ms on the odometer.

The Fuel figure are 17.18 Per liter. Full tank to full tank. I checked after coming to Colombo.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

And your point is? :rolleyes:

Totally agree with Sylvi. JayZ get a life mate. Keep your pride to your self. Our purpose is our economy. our purpose is our carbon foorprint, our purpose is the weath of teh region as we don't have a good vehicle produced locally, our purpose is smaller space as we hardly travel on a highway, Our purpose is mobility coz we have more things to show. Emtied like you should buy offroads like hummer & show it to all :-). I believe you just became 18+. Still the kiddish thinking roam you. Maruti products are relatively quality products that satisfies many....Thanks

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I have a question:

How can you go on a 188km trip with only 50km on the odometer? I think you mean speedometer.

Sylvi, please read this and learn :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odometer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedometer

Totally agree with Sylvi. JayZ get a life mate. Keep your pride to your self. Our purpose is our economy. our purpose is our carbon foorprint, our purpose is the weath of teh region as we don't have a good vehicle produced locally, our purpose is smaller space as we hardly travel on a highway, Our purpose is mobility coz we have more things to show. Emtied like you should buy offroads like hummer & show it to all :-). I believe you just became 18+. Still the kiddish thinking roam you. Maruti products are relatively quality products that satisfies many....Thanks

'Janz Colombo',

Thanks for your post.Mentioning my name.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.