• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This A Good Car?toyota Ae110 (Riviera)

ange88

Instead of paying 2.3 milion for 110, why not go for Honda ES 5, I belive you can get it for about 2.6 mil. It is 2003 / 2004 models, the number plate will be K series. There is another option why not a vios, 2004 model, I believe you can get for about 2.5 mil, & K series plate. I belive these 2 cars are also very good in fuel efficiency & if you use carefuly the maintanance will not be be burden to you.

This guy is asking if that 110 good or bad? aright? So there is no point in talking about the other car!!!!

By the way if you go to a sale where those used cars are being sold or spare part (brand new/used) you would understand all about the cars of which you have been suggested to buy instead of Corolla.

Edited by nano31

dude, the car's good cos its a corolla, not cos its a "Riviera". Its going to be just as fuel efficient, just as reliable as any other 110. What most of us are trying to say is there's no point spending such a premium cos its a 'Riviera'.

My frank opinion is the same. Car is good as it is Corolla 110. Rivera is just cosmetics.

Corolla 110 has so many versions (cosmetic, interior and exterior differences). My personnel preference is to go for the models with the RPM meter.

I am not moved by the cosmetic upgrades of Rivera or any other model. But I do like to have the RPM meter in the meter cluster as I do observe it a lot.

This guy is asking if that 110 good or bad? aright? So there is no point in talking about the other car!!!!

By the way if you go to a sale where those used cars are being sold or spare part (brand new/used) you would understand all about the cars of which you have been suggested to buy instead of Corolla.

The answer for his question is already given, by few of us saying it is a good car,also saying the price is too high,& not worth for that price. Therefore suggesting a better choice for the money. It is upto him to decide on it.

just to give an idea for the person who seek help.. a friend of mine bought a rivera 2 months back.. 99 one for 20.9 lax. had done 150000 kms but anyway not as good lookn as ds. From the adv we see rivera prices are sky high between 23-25. but i think if u can go and negotiate around 22 is possible..

if u are rivera oriented person then u go for it as nothing else can satisfy u ( i was so insane for a L grade CE 110 sometime back, and found one wt an engine repair.. got deceived... n now repairing it.. but still im happy cz i wanted L grade diesel and at least i hv dt ) so ask from ur mind .. do I need a rivera or can I be happy with a L grade or SE saloon which are bit cheaper.. but if u really really love rivera ( even some say cosmetics ) try to get the one worth money for the condition..

if u hv no obsession for 110/ rivera then do consider the options given by senior members too..

there was a very useful thread about various grades of 110 in toyota forum.. it is very useful and i learn a lot by it. pls read it too..

finally good luck n may u be able to get the baby ride for a reasonable price

just to give an idea for the person who seek help.. a friend of mine bought a rivera 2 months back.. 99 one for 20.9 lax. had done 150000 kms but anyway not as good lookn as ds. From the adv we see rivera prices are sky high between 23-25. but i think if u can go and negotiate around 22 is possible..

if u are rivera oriented person then u go for it as nothing else can satisfy u ( i was so insane for a L grade CE 110 sometime back, and found one wt an engine repair.. got deceived... n now repairing it.. but still im happy cz i wanted L grade diesel and at least i hv dt ) so ask from ur mind .. do I need a rivera or can I be happy with a L grade or SE saloon which are bit cheaper.. but if u really really love rivera ( even some say cosmetics ) try to get the one worth money for the condition..

if u hv no obsession for 110/ rivera then do consider the options given by senior members too..

there was a very useful thread about various grades of 110 in toyota forum.. it is very useful and i learn a lot by it. pls read it too..

finally good luck n may u be able to get the baby ride for a reasonable price

Lovely... Over 2 million bucks for a 1998 Corolla. Once again ol' P.T. Barnum was proved right....

This would be an excellent place to point out that these days, sub 2 million will get you a car that is several leagues ahead of the AE110 in comfort, driving pleasure, space, technology etc. Hell it's even newer than the bloody corolla...

And the diesels are even more economical than the skinflints favorite CE110, while providing all of the above as well! You'll find these qualities either at the house of the four rings or else the company that formerly made the "people's car"

Addendum: I'm not going to dispute that the above choices will likely be a bit less reliable than the corolla.

Edited by Supra_Natural