• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

98-02 Accord Automatic Transmission

kazza

Hi guys.....

hoping to buy an Accord (99 model)

I heard that there is an issue with the automatic gearbox, anyone who is aware of this?

please help

accord automatic box doesnt have any know isssues. its the civic multimatic you are reffering to.

accord automatic box doesnt have any know isssues. its the civic multimatic you are reffering to.

Thanks dude,

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1998-to-2002-honda-accord-2.htm

I was googling around and found this , they say there is an issue with this four speed automatic gear box came with the Accord V6.

Since it is the same gearbox they have used for every 98-02 accord i am keen to know more info about it........

btw it is not the multimatic gear box

Still searching around for more info......

Hi guys.....

hoping to buy an Accord (99 model)

I heard that there is an issue with the automatic gearbox, anyone who is aware of this?

please help

There is an issue with the 6th gen Accord (98-2003) and it's sister car the 99-2004 Acura TL transmission. It supposedly affected less than 10% of cars, but if your car happens to be one of them, then that doesn't help.

Basically the problem makes the transmission completely fail. The problem hits at a variety of mileages, both at low and high mileages.

No need to "look around" for info. Just use your brain and do a thorough proper Google search.

Here's one link http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1502084

By the way, if you want even more info, search "Acura TL transmission problems" "Acura CL transmission problems" as well as your Accord searches.

I would advise you to get some other model of car.

Thanks dude,

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1998-to-2002-honda-accord-2.htm

I was googling around and found this , they say there is an issue with this four speed automatic gear box came with the Accord V6.

Since it is the same gearbox they have used for every 98-02 accord i am keen to know more info about it........

btw it is not the multimatic gear box

Still searching around for more info......

Actually evergreen is wrong, the accord is very infamous for tranny issues.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1502084

You will find plenty of user insights on the auto gearbox and 99% of them are not satisfied.

I was also interested in the 6th gen accord and was doing a lot of research on the topic, unfortunately my budget was not up there <_<

I'd say stay away from the auto tranny, there are plenty of good manuals around.

Also on a side note stay away from the american accord, the exterior part like lights are different so if you have to replace them you will be in big trouble.

Thank you for all these details, actually I have most of these info.....

wanted to have an idea about the accords in SL.....

I checked couple of manuals too....all of them have passed 200K :(

So I have decided to go for this Auto with a low mileage and a good interior and exterior quality.....

If this tranny gonna give me probs i'd rather go for a manual swap...... B)