• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Southern Expressway From Kottawa To Galle

Uthum

Yeah, Southern Expressway is about to start and people can experience the driving through it soon. It would be end of the year and cannot exactly give a date. This is the new thread, you can discuss about the Expressway here. Feel free to ask any question and we are here to give correct and timely answers for that.

Who exactly are "we"? Do you represent the organization that's building the road, or the government?

If so, why cant you "exactly give a date"? Is your company THAT inefficient that you have no idea when you'll be able to complete it, or was the initial construction job so shoddy that it has to be redone?

people are wondering about this expressway considering all the hype that went into it (including massive newspaper ads etc) that actually did give a fixed date. Now this blanket statement of "end of year but cant give a date" is even more baffling... :huh:

Maybe you can clear up some of the questions. If you created this thread just to make more propaganda about the expressway I think you can forget about it because by now we're rather sick of the PR bullshit and we just want to know when the hell the damned thing is going to be accessible to the public.

• Like 1

Uthum, How many fatalities are you expecting in the first weeks of operation? Do you have enough recovery vehicles? Since our morons cant drive on a rural road without knocking on to a tree, I am just dreading to see the results of the highway syndrome.

Let's talk about timely and fresh information here. This tread will be kind of help to convey latest information to people. Let's start discussion on various topics like...

1. Technical information of the Expressway

2. Social issues,

3. Educational stuff like how to use this expressway correctly,

4. What impact to future of our nation through it

5. What are the parallel developments,

etc.

We were doing just that on the other thread before you came along. You sound like you're trying to be a spokesperson for the Expressway project on AL and then go bill the RDA or transport ministry for some 'awareness campaign' you initiated.

So Ruwan (I presume thats your name), if you're not from the government nor from the construction company, no-one gives a flying-F***....You can just give whatever opinion you have, and thanks but no thanks for your efforts in bringing light to the social issues of the expressway.

About mine or ours are irrelevant here, but the information is worth. Any question regarding the Expressway can be answered except some of government decisions, like when exactly this will be opened, etc.

Your just a anonymous bit of text on a public forum. So, without being a pompous ass, either put up or shut up.

What are the social issues this Uthum is talking about?

Uthum hate to tell you this, but there are some of us who have driven on Highways before there were plans to make highways here. Then there are some of us who still does at least a few times a year. Then there are some who post here after driven to work/home on a highway. SO tehre is no need for you to come and preach bana to us.

My only worry with this highway is the high number of casualties it will claim as our monkeys in buses, Hondas, MArutis Sports with beat barrels and neon strips and what nots will use this in an idiotic manner and take with them some innocent people as well.

While I fully support Darwinism on the high ways, I am sad about those who are about to die smeared on the asphalt not knowing what hit them.

I think I'll wait until natural selection kills the first few hundred idiots before I even think about setting foot on that road :)

Lets first give the Allion boys and Prado cowboys the chance to demolish their Papa n mama's vehicles

Edited by liya
  • Like 2

Peri:

May I request you merge this thread to the existing Southern Expressway thread?

Anyone else in favour?

@Watchman, yeah..your request is accepted. Done it and this thread to be deleted sooon and we will meet on that thread!

Edited by Uthum

You may notice my joined date. I was reading the said thread. Thought this is the best time to address this issue. Your suggestion is rejected and I don't want to be a spokesperson for the Expressway Project. There are enough ppl for that. If RDA or Government would pay for such bill, I surely do it in nice way!

My name is not Ruwan, you have done some work to find who am I. No need to hide. I am Chaminda, have been working as an Engineer for the Expressway for years. But, I have perticular interest to do work for our country in some way or other.

So we are now in a happy mood and we "DID IT". This "WE" means all of us, Sri Lankan, including you. Because your money has put here.

I am specailly not here to express personal oppionions. Just to give realy info, and educate others is pleasure to me. Your words will be strengthen to do what ever positives, and criticism is also regards.

so why cant you do whatever your 'service' on the EXISITING thread?.

It's not work, the URL you signed off as is a dud, but chrome gives a FB page to the said URL created by a ruwan. Franky IMO, you sound too dodgy for your intentions to be pure.

I think I'll wait until natural selection kills the first few hundred idiots before I even think about setting foot on that road :)

Lets first give the Allion boys and Prado cowboys the chance to demolish their Papa n mama's vehicles

you forgot to add prius hippies corolla G boys and van maniacs. :D

btw imagine what it's was like when hybrid petrol higanno hypermiling in the middle of the road.