• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is This?

Schiffer

Question

9 answers to this question

AFAIK its for air that flows under the car to escape through..i may be wrong though...

well i donno what it is but, i accidently damaged the rubber flaps of the vent while washing it. donno weather its a bad thing :(

Keep all doors closed and open the rear left door and slam it while keeping an eye on these one way flaps. Then you would know the purpose of this. :)

i think i get what you mean, but sadly i cant do that experiment, since the rear bumper is already mounted back. :)

i think i get what you mean, but sadly i cant do that experiment, since the rear bumper is already mounted back. :)

This is to stabilize cabin pressure/release excess pressure when all doors and shutters are closed. If some one had sealed this, esp in old cars which are tinkered by makabasses, you would feel a sudden pressure on your ear drums if the only opened door had slammed.

Since this only works one way, no dust/outside air comes in, but rats do sometimes ;)

This is to stabilize cabin pressure/release excess pressure when all doors and shutters are closed. If some one had sealed this, esp in old cars which are tinkered by makabasses, you would feel a sudden pressure on your ear drums if the only opened door had slammed.

Since this only works one way, no dust/outside air comes in, but rats do sometimes ;)

lol thnks a lot harshan. and well that explains how rats got in, in my last corolla :)

Schiffer didnt you smoke the lights?

nha coudlnt. i still couldnt find in Kandy. plus if you can see, there is a small scratch on the light. its actually broken. so afraid even if i order from Ebay. i wont be able to smoke it :(

My bad, but since yours is white smoked lights will be ideal.

yeah true.. hehe anyway im thinking about changing the rear lightset for the "white light" that came on the 98 Model. i might smoke it (if i get a hold of the smoke, n the lights) afterwords :)