• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fastening Of Seat Belts Compulsory From Tomorrow

Sha7

There is already a topic on this.

Btw the rule is only applicable for cars reg under english plates.G series onwards

New regulation says, vehicles given number plates with province code and DP specifically because new DP vehicles does not have a province code, this is to eliminate old english lettered number plates.

What I don't like is, when others give a look at you "meh, he's wearing seat belts just to escape from the fine". C'mon we used to wear seat belts even for a short distance travel, long before this enforcement came.

• Like 2

What I don't like is, when others give a look at you "meh, he's wearing seat belts just to escape from the fine". C'mon we used to wear seat belts even for a short distance travel, long before this enforcement came.

indeed... we always wear seatbelts, and also ask passengers to buckle up - but since recently some have asked "are you doing this because of the new law?" :action-smiley-060:

Let's see how the cops are going to react and how they catch drivers...

how do they do it at night? can they stop all the vehicles at night and check? or there will be another rule to switch on your cabin lights and drive at night - so cops can see if you wear the seat belt or not.

:action-smiley-060:

New regulation says, vehicles given number plates with province code and DP specifically because new DP vehicles does not have a province code, this is to eliminate old english lettered number plates.

Thanks for the correction.

Lol yeah your right

Let's see how the cops are going to react and how they catch drivers...

how do they do it at night? can they stop all the vehicles at night and check? or there will be another rule to switch on your cabin lights and drive at night - so cops can see if you wear the seat belt or not.

:action-smiley-060:

do they stop each and every vehicle to see whether you're having a valid driving license in your possession? or a valid revenue license or insurance? this too will work the same way, if you don't wear it by the time they stop, you'll be busted.

4db09.jpg

'E L N I N O',

So that Police can catch a suspect with out any difficulty till other police men do their POLITE OBEDIENT LOYAL INTELLIGENT duty to him till he goes to heaven. Like in Dompe yesterday's news, some time back bambalapitya beach.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

hehe lol on " Banda Pati" typical sri lankan police ads, hehehe ,

the biggest question is , for how long will this seat belt law last? lol..

Why are you bothered by a law? You should be wearing it anyway, law or not. Unless the mechanism is too complicated for you, in which case, throw away your license and take the bus.

Why are you bothered by a law? You should be wearing it anyway, law or not. Unless the mechanism is too complicated for you, in which case, throw away your license and take the bus.

i dunno abt u , whtr u wear em or not , mayb u mus b takin a bus to whr evr u go , reason i raised a question like tat , cos our typical cops they only care abt hw deep they can fill thr pockets .

FYI I always hv the habbit of wearin seat belts whn ever i drive . plus the part i dont get is why u wanna dig into deep mechanism part in seat belts , is it sumthin u fancy " appa loku wedak kiyala if u knw hw to wear a seat belt "

again my mere raised intrest is not to get harrased by these cops when you travel in specialy colombo - negombo roads and specialy in galle road. in short... what i meant was '' sri lankan laws are very very temporary'' simple enuf?

nyways no hard feelings :) n nuthin to fight abt it.

PEACE !!!!

I dont see why this topic is even needed or even a damn rule is needed, for God sakes they are trying to ensure safety of the general public.

Just wear the damn seat belt irregardless of if you have a English numbered car or not :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 2

Drove all the way from Mahabage to Ratmalana, saw many driving without wearing seat belts this morning, Is it another law limited to media campaigns sad.gif

MINIACE

'miniace',

After reading your post I was watching for few times on Galle road Colombo 03 driven vehicles, as you say there were many driving without seat belts. Traffic Police men ignore this violation of government regulation which came into effect from 1st of October 2011.Traffic Police men were only prosecuting for incorrect parking.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

cops stopped us last night for loud exhaust, we were not wearing seat belts but they told us nothing, said u need register the loud exhaust lol so we said we already registered but didn't get the paper yet, does anyone knows what is exhaust sound registration ? :unsure: