• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belt Indicator Not Functioning

udi

Question

Hi All ,

Im using Suzuki Swift HT51S YOM 2004 , I don't see the seat belt warning light. Recently I bought this car and I dont know whether it is disabled.

Is there any way to figure out whether it is disabled by looking at the fuse board or any other component or do I need to check the bulb.

Is this function depends on a sensor or any other relay.Please advise me.:)

9 answers to this question

Hi All ,

Im using Suzuki Swift HT51S YOM 2004 , I don't see the seat belt warning light. Recently I bought this car and I dont know whether it is disabled.

Is there any way to figure out whether it is disabled by looking at the fuse board or any other component or do I need to check the bulb.

Is this function depends on a sensor or any other relay.Please advise me.:)

Check whether some wire disconnected under the driving seat

• Like 1

Check whether some wire disconnected under the driving seat

Hi harshan

I checked under the driving seat , but it seems ok , one end goes to the belt cliper and other end goes under the carpet , and there is a connector in between those two points it also seems ok. Do you know where the other end goes.I checked the fuse board under the dash , there are lots of fuse named for different functions , do i need to check if any of those missing , or removed from that. Any other socket need to connect disconnect? Please advise :)

thanks

Then, there is a sensor kind of a gadget fitted inside the seat, normally it gets pressed when you sit, so check if that works fine.

is it inside the seat , do i have to remove the seat for that , what would be the best approach.

fella why you need to fix it it's not a very required thing just remember to wear the seat belts dude you don't need a light to remind that to you just my two cents. :)

fella why you need to fix it it's not a very required thing just remember to wear the seat belts dude you don't need a light to remind that to you just my two cents. :)

:) ah , I like to see everything functioning properly , I newly bought this swift , so I'm in a process of repairing thins . :)

:) ah , I like to see everything functioning properly , I newly bought this swift , so I'm in a process of repairing thins . :)

light could have burnt out or the switch can be faulty... or the wiring between the two...