• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift 2010 Vs Vitz 2009 Which One Is The Best?

flashmark

Hi,

One of my friend looking to import a hatchback car(last lap).

He short listed Vitz 2009(1000 CC) and Swift 2010(1200 CC) according to his budget.

Vitz(standard edition) definetly has good market now and comes with 8 airbags,push start, winker mirrors.

Swift 2010(special edition) has 2 airbags, intelligent key, fog light,aloe wheel,navigation ..etc

What do you think? which one is the best?

Thanks,

Lakmal

Edited by flashmark

Hi,

One of my friend looking to import a hatchback car(last lap).

He short listed Vitz 2009(1000 CC) and Swift 2010(1200 CC) according to his budget.

Vitz(standard edition) definetly has good market now and comes with 8 airbags,push start, winker mirrors.

Swift 2010(special edition) has 2 airbags, intelligent key, fog light,aloe wheel,navigation ..etc

What do you think? which one is the best?

Thanks,

Lakmal

cant go for Vits 2009(1300cc)?? thats a good one!!

the swift is a good car, its fairly better handling than the vitz.

and way better looking as well (but not a big fan of the new face lifted one)

even though the vitz have more specs, the swift will be a great car to own.

try to go for a swift sports though. its way better. :)

• Like 1

buy a swift you would be happy and enjoy the drive.

buy a vitz you would enjoy your investment, but drive wise you will regret owning a 1000c , honestly it lacks in power( used to own a 1000cc).

try to get the 1.3ltr if its a vitz , or a vitz rs 1.3ltr , they are both in the same price margin.

happy car hunting ;D

Thanks All.

Do you know the fuel consumption of Vitz KSP90(1000 CC) and Swift 1200 CC?

Also let me know what do you think which is the best option from below.Do you think it is good option to spend 1.5 lak for additional options? Can I fit them later with cheaper than this?

Option 1

Buy a Swift with standard option(dual airbag, intelligent key ..etc) for 2.55 - 2.6 mil

Option 2

Buy a Swift with many options (Aloe wheel, fog light,DVD,Reverse camera)for 2.7 - 2.8 mil

Thanks

Fuel consumption will be around 9-10 Colombo hevy traffic. 12-15 outstation.

Even the basic comes with intelegent key, climate control.

Higher grade will have winker mirror, alloy wheels, front fog lights and audio controls in the steering wheel which will add value to the car and in my openion is worth 100-150k.

Most of the Navi/DVD finctions are useless in SL you are better off fixing an after market good unit

have driven both models and i personally recommend the swift for a driver who wants to have some driving pleasure along with the car :D

own a 1.3L swift and i regret sometimes that i didn't go for a swift sport :(

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but we too are stuck between these two options. A 1300 vitz or swift..? As the OP said the vitz comes with more options but as of 2012 which would be a better buy..? The budget is 3.5 mil so if you guys know ay other cars, please do feel free to suggest :)

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but we too are stuck between these two options. A 1300 vitz or swift..? As the OP said the vitz comes with more options but as of 2012 which would be a better buy..? The budget is 3.5 mil so if you guys know ay other cars, please do feel free to suggest :)

After a while the swift (japanese) steering rack gives trouble on our roads. I guess it might be less of an issue in the future as many roads are being carpeted. Also another member's friend had a problem with the gear box in a 2011 car so better check that thread as well.