• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steering Wheel Vibration, No Noise, No Movement, But Feel It

NRX

Hi all,

When I'm going over bumps or pot holes I feel a slight vibration for a fraction of a second of the steering wheel, it makes no noise, no movement but I feel it to my hands. What could have gone wrong ? :)

And the speedo meter wobbles, about 1,2cm up and down. Could it be the cable, I feel that the odometer reading is wrong too :|

Edited by NRX

Hi all,

When I'm going over bumps or pot holes I feel a slight vibration for a fraction of a second of the steering wheel, it makes no noise, no movement but I feel it to my hands. What could have gone wrong ? :)

Isn't that just your wheels going over the bump? Vibrations when going over pot holes and bumps occur in the steering wheel when your ball joints (control arms) or sway bars are worn too, but there's usually a clucking noise associated with that scenario.

Based on your description as far as I'm concerned: No noise and a slight feel / vibration for a fraction of a second in the steering wheel is just the motion of the wheels going over the bump and its not a cause for concern.

Edited by Kavvz

Isn't that just your wheels going over the bump? Vibrations when going over pot holes and bumps occur in the steering wheel when your ball joints (control arms) or sway bars are worn too, but there's usually a clucking noise associated with that scenario.

Based on your description as far as I'm concerned: No noise and a slight feel / vibration for a fraction of a second in the steering wheel is just the motion of the wheels going over the bump and its not a cause for concern.

Thanks mate, I think I'll monitor closely, the vibration feeling is like you lift your mobile phone from the table few millimeters from one side and keep it on the desk at a frequency of 6Hz. lol, sorry for my poor analogy.