• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Used Car Around 10 To 14 Lacks.

jayashantha12345

Question

Dear all friend

I am new to this field, From Kandy.

i am planing to buy use car lesser than 14 lacks,

i prefer to have toyota.

so i need your all expert ideas throughout my target completed.

i like toyota at 192,, is it good choice ?

what about mazda car.

actually i need car to use around two to three years and sell it. so it is important to have good resell market too.

please help me in this regard.

Thank you very much.

You can find lots of information about CS2 in this forum do a search.

IMO its a very good car nice looks both interior and exterior and good performance, spare parts are available, fuel consumption and resale value is good. But I doubt that you will be able to find one around 1.8m. Maybe you can find a pre face lifted 2001-02 CS1 1300cc for that price.

Is it work

Since this is the hieghest grade, definitely it will be more than 2 mn

Is it worth to go this or is it good to go 1999 car with less price with less grade. ? or If I went to that SE Saloon L grade .. is it worth for me .. or go for 2million 110 car ...

pls help... i have 18.5M bit i can hardly go to 2M .... is it worth

Before you doing anything pls check price of L grade first, i was guessing, then decide.

Is it work

Is it worth to go this or is it good to go 1999 car with less price with less grade. ? or If I went to that SE Saloon L grade .. is it worth for me .. or go for 2million 110 car ...

pls help... i have 18.5M bit i can hardly go to 2M .... is it worth

Jayashantha, lets take a little step back and think about what your priorities are for your purchase. Ask yourself these questions.

1. How many people will travel using this vehicle and how frequently?

2. What is your expected monthly mileage?

3. Where will you travel, Colombo or outstation?

4. What is your ideal budget, not how much you have to spend rather how much you'll like to spend

5. Do you have any funds in reserve for any emergency repairs if you spend the above sum on a vehicle?

6. Where do you live?

• Like 1

Jayashantha, lets take a little step back and think about what your priorities are for your purchase. Ask yourself these questions.

1. How many people will travel using this vehicle and how frequently?

2. What is your expected monthly mileage?

3. Where will you travel, Colombo or outstation?

4. What is your ideal budget, not how much you have to spend rather how much you'll like to spend

5. Do you have any funds in reserve for any emergency repairs if you spend the above sum on a vehicle?

6. Where do you live?

first thank you verymuch

1. How many people will travel using this vehicle and how frequently? = mostly two or three, not much . i dnt travel much

2. What is your expected monthly mileage? around 800KM

3. Where will you travel, Colombo or outstation? = home to office.. may be some little more distance at weekends. not in colombo.. around kandy

4. What is your ideal budget, not how much you have to spend rather how much you'll like to spend ? = 18Lacks

5. Do you have any funds in reserve for any emergency repairs if you spend the above sum on a vehicle?= ya i can manage

6. Where do you live? = Ankumbure ( 25 km from kandy)

thank you mate

4. What is your ideal budget, not how much you have to spend rather how much you'll like to spend ? = 18Lacks

i think it's best you buy a car with high ground clearance because the road in your area are not that smooth right?. any ways try to find a toyota carina ti it have more ground clearance and good second hand market.

Edited by nexus

for your budget you might be able to find a 1997/98 old shell (pre face lifted) Carina Ti 1500cc. If you try really hard you probably can find a old shell Carina Si 1800cc aswel. I think The GT is over your budget. In both cases look for the 'MyRoad' version it has more options than the standard. If you get a manual it'll do more on fuel. IMO carina is a good car with a balance of performance and fuel economy.

If you dont mind hatches why not a 2003/04 suzuki Swift HT51S or a Chevrolet cruze? has more ground clearence than the carina but not that comfortable.

first thank you verymuch

1. How many people will travel using this vehicle and how frequently? = mostly two or three, not much . i dnt travel much

2. What is your expected monthly mileage? around 800KM

3. Where will you travel, Colombo or outstation? = home to office.. may be some little more distance at weekends. not in colombo.. around kandy

5. Do you have any funds in reserve for any emergency repairs if you spend the above sum on a vehicle?= ya i can manage

thank you mate

May I ask is the vehicle going to be mostly parked at home.

Ok here is what you need to consider. If the vehicle is only going to get light use you should definitely buy a petrol rather than a diesel because it will be cheaper to own during your time of ownership.

Since you stay a little beyond Kandy, I think you should look for the vehicles your neighbours are using a bit because its easier to maintain and run something your local mechanic has some knowledge of.

It sounds like you don't really need a big car (unless you want one) but you'd probably prefer with a bit of ground clearance.

Lets look at the facts.

The best brand new car for your budget is the Perouda Viva Elite though it's rumoured to be quite low so if the roads are not good you might have some issues.

The most common car in your budget is the Toyota Corolla AE110 though this car is two models behind the current model, though certainly a very good car.

The latest model cars you might be able to purchase include the Nissan Sunny FB15 (you can try for a car manufactured around 1999) which was in manufacture till 2007 I think.

Also the Suzuki swift and Chevrolet Cruze (which are basically the same car) is an interesting choice as well.

Then you have the Mazda Familia/ 323 BG5P

Now if you want a slightly bigger car you might be able to get an early Carina AT212 or a Premio though the newer versions seem to sell above 2 million

I mean there is plenty of choice, and really its more about the condition of the particular car you buy rather than the model because all of the above are pretty good. So have a chat with the family and get the Sunday papers and go for a few test drives and see if you find something you like. Then go with a competent mechanic and get it checked out and go from there!

• Like 2

May I ask is the vehicle going to be mostly parked at home.

Ok here is what you need to consider. If the vehicle is only going to get light use you should definitely buy a petrol rather than a diesel because it will be cheaper to own during your time of ownership.

Since you stay a little beyond Kandy, I think you should look for the vehicles your neighbours are using a bit because its easier to maintain and run something your local mechanic has some knowledge of.

It sounds like you don't really need a big car (unless you want one) but you'd probably prefer with a bit of ground clearance.

Lets look at the facts.

The best brand new car for your budget is the Perouda Viva Elite though it's rumoured to be quite low so if the roads are not good you might have some issues.

The most common car in your budget is the Toyota Corolla AE110 though this car is two models behind the current model, though certainly a very good car.

The latest model cars you might be able to purchase include the Nissan Sunny FB15 (you can try for a car manufactured around 1999) which was in manufacture till 2007 I think.

Also the Suzuki swift and Chevrolet Cruze (which are basically the same car) is an interesting choice as well.

Then you have the Mazda Familia/ 323 BG5P

Now if you want a slightly bigger car you might be able to get an early Carina AT212 or a Premio though the newer versions seem to sell above 2 million

I mean there is plenty of choice, and really its more about the condition of the particular car you buy rather than the model because all of the above are pretty good. So have a chat with the family and get the Sunday papers and go for a few test drives and see if you find something you like. Then go with a competent mechanic and get it checked out and go from there!

First i need to thank you for typing lost of valuble infor here. this is not only me but also some else will help ,,,, u are correct my aim to have 110... englush num with options...

how ever u have given lots of facts to consider and i really appriciate it

thank u...

First i need to thank you for typing lost of valuble infor here. this is not only me but also some else will help ,,,, u are correct my aim to have 110...  englush num with options...

how ever u have given lots of facts to consider and i really appriciate it

thank u...

pls help me .. what is this... how K numbers come to this .

Further to above please let me know difference between sprinter ae110 and corolla ae110 .. se vinatge and se saloon.. i found that sprinter has little less market compared to corolla ae110.. pls experts help me on this regard as u did early

This is a quirk of the Sri Lankan market. The Sprinter was meant to be a slightly upmarket version of the corolla and apart from a few changes in the body work, its practically the same car. Because Sprinters are not as plentiful as the Corolla, they seem to attract lesser prices.

For the differences between Corolla models have a look at this thread.

http://www.autolanka...e110-g-package/

It seems like you've already found the thread ;)

Edited by The Don

can somebody tell me what is the cost of AE110 YOM 1995 at da moment... manual, SE saloon. 301-

?

thankz....

if the car is in good condition it's between 1.55 mill to 1.62 mill.

Edited by nexus
  • Like 1

Anyone please help me to find market rate for the following cars.

Mitshubishi CK2 and CS2 with different YOM

Mitshubishi CS3 YOM

Mazda Familiya 1500 cc 323 with diferent YOM

Toyota ae 110 se saloon with different YOM

this will be very useful to others also due to some owners of vehicles rise their old cars price with very unreasonable manner.

Thank you

Hope our AL team help to find this