• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad Speed Sensor Could Cause Bad Fuel Figures ?

NRX

My car's (FB13) speed sensor is bad, the speedometer always reads low speed values and wobbles sometimes . I saw somewhere that FB13 uses an electronic carburetor unit and senses several things like speed, gear position, etc.

And my car has comparatively bad fuel figures, around 7,8Kmpl in not-so-urban areas, mind you I'm measuring the distance travelled using google maps :speechless-smiley-004:

Is there any corelation between this bad fuel figures and the faulty speed sensor ?

My car's (FB13) speed sensor is bad, the speedometer always reads low speed values and wobbles sometimes . I saw somewhere that FB13 uses an electronic carburetor unit and senses several things like speed, gear position, etc.

And my car has comparatively bad fuel figures, around 7,8Kmpl in not-so-urban areas, mind you I'm measuring the distance travelled using google maps :speechless-smiley-004:

Is there any corelation between this bad fuel figures and the faulty speed sensor ?

The electronic carburettors are not as complicated as you think. As far as I know the air fuel ratio control solenoid is electronically controlled. I don't think this has an ECU that complicated which takes into account the elements you describe.