• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is A Used 2009 Proton Gen 2 Worth For 2 Mill ?

l4speed

Hi All,

I'm considering of buying a Proton Gen 2. currently I'm left with 2 options,

• 2009 Proton Gen 2, 1.6CC Auto, Gray color, mileage - 11000 km, price - 2 mill
  • 2006 Proton Gen 2, 1.6CC Manual, Red color, mileage - 100000 km, price - 1.7 mill

I'm edged towards the newer 2009 car. Do you think its worth the extra 300K ? And do you think its worth paying 2 Mil for a used proton?

Also, I read on a different forum that the protons interior is not very durable. there were complaints of paints peeling off the dashboard , etc. Is this true? I'd greatly appreciate if Gen 2 owners can comment about the durability of the vehicle? and comment on any issues that I should expect when getting this ride?

Regards,

Ashan

Hi All,

I'm considering of buying a Proton Gen 2. currently I'm left with 2 options,

• 2009 Proton Gen 2, 1.6CC Auto, Gray color, mileage - 11000 km, price - 2 mill
  • 2006 Proton Gen 2, 1.6CC Manual, Red color, mileage - 100000 km, price - 1.7 mill

I'm edged towards the newer 2009 car. Do you think its worth the extra 300K ? And do you think its worth paying 2 Mil for a used proton?

Also, I read on a different forum that the protons interior is not very durable. there were complaints of paints peeling off the dashboard , etc. Is this true? I'd greatly appreciate if Gen 2 owners can comment about the durability of the vehicle? and comment on any issues that I should expect when getting this ride?

Regards,

Ashan

Does the 2009 one have black Proton badges or a blue badges? If its the black one, then its the final facelift of the Gen2 with the Campro CPS engine. I personally would say 2 mill is a decent price for the car. Having said that, try negotiating.

Note that the meters of B/N imported Gen2s are in MILES not Kilometers.

A 2006 Manual one for 1.7 also seems ok but personally I will be biased towards the 2009 one.

If you directly expose the car to the sun, the dashboard tends to fade a bit. Try to park the car in a shade always or use a sunfoil.

If that is not a typo, and that is 100,000kms, then I suggest the 2009 one.

Crosswind, you sure about this miles thing? I didn't check, can't now, but I remember most of the dials and computer stuff being in kms. (consumption, range left on the tank, etc.)

@peri, yes thats right its not a typo.

@Crosswind, The logo is black. The meter was in km. Does this mean this car is not a brand new import?

Here's a picture of the of the newer Gen 2 i mentioned about. However, I doubt about the manufactured year.

According to what I read online, the gen 2 manufactured after 2008 with the CPS engine should have an updated new front grill design. The attached photo is of a supposedly 2009 Gen 2 M-line with the CPS engine as stated by the owner. however, checkout the front grill. it still looks like the old gen 2. is this possible?

I noticed minor damages all over the vehicle body. scrapes and few knocks here and there. The front bumper is loose and has popped out the edge. the left door doesn't close perfectly. I Got my mechanic to check the vehicle engine and he guaranteed the engine is in very good condition. based on my mechanic friends rough estimations, making the fixes to the body and painting might cost around 60K. So considering the body damages, I thought to make 1.85 mill as my offer. Do you think this is a fair offer ? or should i bargain more?

gen%2B2.jpg

Edited by l4speed