• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing Gear While On Drive

udana_k

Question

and on top of all you won't be saving fuel by cruising downhill on neutral, you burn more :)

I don't know whether this applies to all cars but usually when you take the foot off the gas when you are going downhill the injectors cut off the fuel supply to the engine, a thing I got to know recently :)

Hey you are correct, If I m not mistaken all most all modern cars has this function, (Except Maruthi) so All japan cars also have this. But driving on neutral is a big NO NO. Never drive on neutral. But when u r in downhill keep the gear on drive and take u r foot off the accelerator so u can drive the car for free (with no fuel consumption)

Dude come on man! how can you b burning more fuel when your cruising in neutral? unless you dont take your foot off the gas pedal that is! lol

if the fuel is cut off from the injectors, then the engine will stall. the only time 'fuel cut' kicks in is when the engine over revs above the limit and the ECU cuts the signal to the fuel pump to minimise or prevent engine damage. Hope you got this sorted out. :)

Momentum of the car keeps the engine from stalling. When the clutch engages, the fuel supply is resumed.

Edited by k9master

Bad idea for the vehicles driving behind guy like this.. Because every time Auto gear drivers put foot in to the brake the very moment they leave it from Accelerator. So drivers behind him get real confusing situation think he is braking or not.

Hey Tbag now that u said this stupid thing I think u cant even drive, can you tell me another way if u r driving a automatic car on downhill how to control the speed without changing the gear and without breaking, I m talking about driving on freeway with the speed of 100 kmph or more. You are a looser dude.

Hi all,

i was advised by one of my friends to change the gear position from D to N while on drive. the idea is to save more fuel. i doubt if this a good practice.. do u guys do like that on your auto gear cars?

Thanks

Udana

One of my friends try to save fuel on this way and he finally ended up replacing his break pads sooner than before.

One of my friends try to save fuel on this way and he finally ended up replacing his break pads sooner than before.

I do have a CVT box and there are D and S levels (S position gives you higher rev), what happen if i change the D to S while on move? is it another gear level change or something else get changed from the CVT itself to make it higer rev.

One more thing, accidently my brother had put D to N while moving at about 40K/m for some 20-30Meters, will that harm my CVT box?

Bad idea for the vehicles driving behind guy like this.. Because every time Auto gear drivers put foot in to the brake the very moment they leave it from Accelerator. So drivers behind him get real confusing situation think he is braking or not.

"every time Auto gear drivers put foot in to the brake the very moment they leave it from Accelerator"

So are you saying not to put your foot on the brakes as fast as possible when you need to slow down ?

Should they roll down the window and display a banner before braking saying "Im going to brake soon, dont be alarmed" and then brake ?

"So drivers behind him get real confusing situation think he is braking or not"

On Earth cars have these little shiny red color things on the back called "Brake Lights" , they are suppose to tell people who are behind if the driver is braking or not !

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 2

"So drivers behind him get real confusing situation think he is braking or not"

On Earth cars have these little shiny red color things on the back called "Brake Lights" , they are suppose to tell people who are behind if the driver is braking or not !

May be his car came without brake lights.lol

"Bad idea for the vehicles driving behind guy like this.. Because every time Auto gear drivers put foot in to the brake the very moment they leave it from Accelerator. So drivers behind him get real confusing situation think he is braking or not."

Ha ha Tbag suck on on that.

looks like the retards have taken on the role of 'advisors' After the First few sensible bits of advice by people of sound mind the retards seem to have taken over.. :D

+1

When gods vacate devils rule :D

MINIACE

Hi all,

i was advised by one of my friends to change the gear position from D to N while on drive. the idea is to save more fuel. i doubt if this a good practice.. do u guys do like that on your auto gear cars?

Thanks

Udana

Please follow Varunatech's advise. He seems to have the grasp on these matters. :)