• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What About Lancer Cb3 (Electro-Carb) Fuel Consumption?

saranga cb3

Saranga CB3 !!

Fuel consuption may depend on few areas. Your driving pattern, Road Conditions & if youre driving keep your foot on accelarating & brakings unnessary you will get a poor fuel consumption. also with A/C & as you state fully loaded passenegers ( Guess 5 ) it may vary. since you have mentioned youre diriving on rural roads i guess mostly youre using 1st 2nd & 3rd gears.

I think your fuel rate is ok.

also when was your last engine tune up? if so go for a tune up & check for any diffarant.

Also will see other's comments as well.

Good Day !!

I did an engine tune-up last month, but my friend's 1992 tercel 1.5cc efi does 13 kmpl same area. Thanks for replying bro! Good luck!

EFI's usually have better fuel efficiency though I think 13kmpl is probably stretching the truth a about, probably around 9-10 at best :) When you did the tune up did you re condition the carb as well. If it hasn't been done in a while perhaps its time to re condition the carb using a carburettor repair kit. But also you might be running a little rich and ask a mechanic to retard the settings slightly to see if the engine performance is still acceptable while you get a bit more fuel economy.

Don't race the car too much, be gentle on the pedal and change gears below 3000 rpm and see if you notice an improvement. Is your engine 1300cc or 1500cc and is it DOHC or SOHC?