• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rpm Drops And Car Shakes

FreakSL

Question

18 answers to this question

he Guys recently i felt that car start vibrates and RPM needle drops and come back , this happens when AC is on nd off, also car fell power less going up hill ... any ideas or someone had the same experince ?

Sounds like your car is going to stall and your knock sensor picks it up and increases the rpm to stop the stall and again the engine starts to stall. Sounds like your idle throttle controller is not functioning properly or there is an issue with the ECU.

Sounds like your savvy has had nothing but problems from when you purchased it. To be honest the Clios are fairly reliable cars so I am not sure why yours is giving you so much trouble.

• Like 1

Hi,

just saw this thread and thought to join it.

I'm also having that kind of problem since I'm also experiencing some kind of RPM drops as well as RPM hikes (Some times 1.5K !!!). It is not happenning always. when i drive it arround 60 - 70 Km/h and stopped for some reason, I can observe that the RPM needle is remaining at 1.5K for 10-15 seconds and come back to normal. Also some times it drops up to 0.5K which is very umcomfertoble for me to drive it in traffic since this has Manual Transmission.

BTW my vehicle is Maruti Zen Estilo and done only 8000Km's. I have always used 95 Octane or 93 Octane pertol. And it gives me 13-14 Kmpl in city limits.

If anyone in this forum is experienced this and if rectified the issue, please share your valuable ideas.

BR

Kasun

machan just check da fuel pump 1st before geting in 2 major ares, R u experiencing it aftr servicing it??

Not really. I'm experiencing it when my car reached to 3500Km mark on my odo as I can remember. It's really hard to drive in traffics when the RPM drops like that. On the other hand, I'm getting mad when it revs up to 1500rpm un-necessarily when the my fuel level is getting near to "E" mark :speechless-smiley-004:.

but the thing is it happens occationally. not all the time.

BR

Kasun

Sounds like your car is going to stall and your knock sensor picks it up and increases the rpm to stop the stall and again the engine starts to stall. Sounds like your idle throttle controller is not functioning properly or there is an issue with the ECU.

Sounds like your savvy has had nothing but problems from when you purchased it. To be honest the Clios are fairly reliable cars so I am not sure why yours is giving you so much trouble.

yep. id' start with a throttle body clean up and the regular checkups related to sparks etc and take things from there.

if it is an ecu related problem, chances are that you should be getting a warning light by now.

i've had a smiliar problem in my corolla sometime back and it was due to a faulty ignition coil. had to replace the delco to sort it out.

yep. id' start with a throttle body clean up and the regular checkups related to sparks etc and take things from there.

if it is an ecu related problem, chances are that you should be getting a warning light by now.

i've had a smiliar problem in my corolla sometime back and it was due to a faulty ignition coil. had to replace the delco to sort it out.

These chaps are experiencing this issue in fairly low mileage vehicles which I find very odd. Carbon build up on throttle bodies cause similar issues but these cars haven't run enough for carbon to build up. Hence my suspicion of an electronic issue.

something like this happen to my axio(40000km).i cleaned all the injectors,changed the plugs & did a engine tune up.then problem solved.i cant remember about the RPM.one day when i accelerate the car it didnt race the engine.i have to switch off the engine & start it again.one of my mechanic said that "Engine eka golu wenawa"

I've had the same issue with my 156. RPM varied like crazy during the traffic and it was really annoying. We checked out few issues;

- ignition coils

- throttle body

- MAF

However, as non of them were faulty, my mechanic re-tensioned a spring which was inside the throttle body. After that the problem was resolved. However, couple of months later, MAF also gave problems alongside with the lambda sensor again giving slight RPM drops. Detached the lambda and running with another MAF now and the issue is completely gone.

So my guess is check the throttle body with regulators. Fuel pump can be an issue considering the quality of fuel we have. Check the MAF and coils/plugs.

Good Luck!