• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

Thats because he was disappointed with his own performance. I mean he did a lose a place to Vettel as a result of that Caterham stalling by the side of the track, and he futzed up his launch in the beginning as well. Starting from pole and having all that happen to me, I'd be pretty upset too.

He was worried about his team mate's pace more than anything else.Jenson was much faster throughout the race and would have caught up and passed Lewis even without the faulty launch.But yeah he better get that attitude sorted.

Deffa the drive of the day was by Alonso,That Ferrari doesn't belong in fifth...Pity about Massa,expect him to be replaced by Jules Bianchi,Perez or even Kubica half way through the season.

Maldonado deserves a good kick up the backside,having the pace is one thing but trying to overtake Alonso is a whole nother matter.Williams really needed those points badly...Sad to see the legendary team having to rely on pay drivers,mind you he's much better than team mate Senna.

Alonso did well to bring that Ferrari home to 5th. Reminded me of 2008/9 seasons when he man handled that Renault. With Merc and Lotus showing promise - Ferrari could do well to give the princess a better car, just for us to watch a thrilling season.

I had written Massa off early last year and he continues to prove it.

Speaking of which, can someone sort out the two Lotus teams situation for me?

Speaking of which, can someone sort out the two Lotus teams situation for me?

Well its sorted out now.Renault(uncle Flavio's old team) have been renamed Lotus and sports the John player special black and gold livery...and last years Team Lotus now goes by Caterham(green cars)...

Well its sorted out now.Renault(uncle Flavio's old team) have been renamed Lotus and sports the John player special black and gold livery...and last years Team Lotus now goes by Caterham(green cars)...

Ah. So Proton is involved with Caterham?

Ah. So Proton is involved with Caterham?

Well yes and no.I believe it was one of Colin Chapman's heirs who sold the naming rights to Tony Fernandes(caterham and air asia boss).Then proton stepped in and claimed that the deal was illegal....confusing it is,you can read about the whole shebang here http://en.wikipedia....e_of_Lotus_name

It's a McLaren 1,2 with Schumacher third in Malaysia quali.Vettel in fifth but on a differant tyre strategy.It's gonna be a good one tomorrow...these are tough times for the tifosi but we shall prevail! :D

Also best of luck to lankens Ashan Silva and Dilantha Malagamuwa taking part in the support races at Sepang...

I know a a few AL members have gone to see the races,so looking forward to lots of pics...

Vettel is lucky boy indeed. Thanks to Kimi's gear box problems, not only is he starting 5th but on the clean side of the track. Those hards should bite a little better now.

I hope the Mercedes has a bad appetite for rubber today and not eat up it's tyres too fast. Given the heat over there I'm not having my hopes up.

Hell yeahhh!!!...we have prevailed!...for now. :D

1 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 2:44.51.812

2 Sergio Perez Sauber + 2.200

3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren + 14.500

Oh yeah... Alonso proved yet again that he is the best driver in the current line-up!... and i have no comments about Massa.......

Edited by Simplelife

Pfft, the conditions favoured them, especially Perez. He would have taken the top place on the podium had he not futzed it up close to the end. Alonso was quite literally driving the wheels off of that car trying to keep Perez away. Things will return to normal in China.

Alonso was good but my hero of the day was Perez. Too bad Schumacher spun out, was hoping a podium finish for him :(

Even if he hadn't spun I think the best finish he could have had was 6th. The Merc seems to be way too hard on the tyres. Schumacher's 10th place seems an impressive feat considering the fact that Rosberg went from 4th to 13th without any on track drama. He really seems to have gotten the better of Rosberg this year. Hope it continues that way.

On another note, wonder what Grosjean was high on to claim that it was Schumacher who made contact with him. On board footage clearly shows that Schumi was in front when he was flicked into a spin.

Great drive by Alonso and an even better one by Perez. Would have been fun towards the end if he hadn't run wide on turn 14 and lost those vital seconds.

Even if he hadn't spun I think the best finish he could have had was 6th. The Merc seems to be way too hard on the tyres. Schumacher's 10th place seems an impressive feat considering the fact that Rosberg went from 4th to 13th without any on track drama. He really seems to have gotten the better of Rosberg this year. Hope it continues that way.

Yep the Merc is bloody useless unless DRS is activated :sad-smiley-066:

hmmm

http://www.f1pulse.com/news/20120325137/karthikeyan-slams-bullying-tactics

I dunno, IMO purely Vettel's fault. Even the commentary team said so, tho that's Steve (certifiable) and Karun (fellow Indian). At least Button has made a sensible statement.

Anyway, even if it WAS Karthikeyan's fault, thats some pretty crass comments by the World Champ and his team. This, to paraphrase Eminem, should be the things that are said to your friends in your living room, not to journalists!

R*D B*LL seem to have become F1's new prima donnas after a couple of championships...not cool...Clearly Karthikeyen had nowhere to go...

Skip to the 10.20 mark on this vid where Karthikeyan gives a good answer regarding this issue...props to the BBC for giving him a chance to retaliate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMvXI2kRSY&feature=g-u-u&context=G21a9e16FUAAAAAAAEAA#

Motorhead: The day Perez replaced Massa at Ferrari

Don't know whether it's Perez, but somebody will hv to earn that 2nd seat at Ferrari and at the moment Massa is literally giving it away.

Here's an old interview featuring almost all the drivers from the 97 season.I'd like to see the drivers being this honest nowadays instead of all the PR talk.Parts 2,3 and 4 can be found in the 'suggestions' box on the right at Youtube.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rosberg TQ ftw. Mercedes' out of the box thinking by exploiting the rules surrounding the cars' aerodynamics has really paid off. Lots of other teams have complained about their mods, I'm so hoping for a Mercedes win and can't wait for the ensuing fracas.

Rosberg TQ ftw. Mercedes' out of the box thinking by exploiting the rules surrounding the cars' aerodynamics has really paid off. Lots of other teams have complained about their mods, I'm so hoping for a Mercedes win and can't wait for the ensuing fracas.

don't be too hopeful for mercs. they have a very bad record for long runs this season.

don't be too hopeful for mercs. they have a very bad record for long runs this season.

How can you say "very bad record for long runs this season" when only 2 races have been completed ? ? ?