• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Insurance Company In Srilanka

jayashantha12345

I recently was serching used car (toyota ae110) but last I got Toyota Vios 2004, Manual KI car.

so my insurance is in j********i ( prevous owner had it ) and now i want to know what is the best place to make my car insured.. could you plese help me..

AL has helped me alot.

i hope in future too.

pls shre your insurace cover experinces too.

I recently was serching used car (toyota ae110) but last I got Toyota Vios 2004, Manual KI car.

so my insurance is in j********i ( prevous owner had it ) and now i want to know what is the best place to make my car insured.. could you plese help me..

AL has helped me alot.

i hope in future too.

first of all congratulations on your new buy and do a search this have been discussed before.

AL has helped me alot.

i hope in future too.

'jayashantha12345'

I was with c******o Insurance. Later when they failed I switched on to Ms, Union Assurance. I have all my Vehicles and other lands Buildings insured with them.

I had one claim for a vehicle they paid full amount of Accident repair without any disputes. Because one of my drivers had a accident with a motor cycle the rider had a fracture on his hip bone and he was warded for three months Union Assurance paid Rupees 200000.00 his full claim too.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

There is no "best insurance company" in sri lanka. all are first class rouges. like someone said, best insurance company is the one that one of your relations work :)

'liya',

I understand what you say. The INSURANCE companies do pay if the repair garage gives an estimate with reasonable quotations. Most Vehicle owners want some more repairs done for the motor vehicle which had got damaged due to the accident. not only the accident repair they want entire paint job done on insurance claim not only the part which is necessary. Some vehicle owners come to me and request to over estimate by few thousands. This is the mentality of our Srilankan motorists.

So most vehicle owners do not agree to what insurance companies want to pay for the damaged repair. They with the garage owner try to cheat the insurance companies by over estimating for a job.

Some times the appraiser who comes for the examination of the accident vehicle wants few thousand rupees or 10% of the approved estimate to approve the quotation.

IF the owner of the accident vehicle the garage owner and the appraiser from the Insurance company who examine the accident vehicle are honest then this type of comments will not come from the A/L members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

The best insurance company is the company which gives you the lowest premium and the highest payout with the least hassle. Your mileage may vary.

The best insurance company is the company which gives you the lowest premium and the highest payout with the least hassle. Your mileage may vary.

'terrabytetango',

From your way of thinking as for the post is absolutely correct. Can this happen in Srilanka due to corrupt and greedy insurance appraiser’s motorists and garage owners for rupees and cents, when it comes to a claim.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sorry for the OT. Can we claim even if the vehicle was driven by someone other than the registered owner by the time of an accident ?? if so, what are the necessary points to remember ? can we just tell them that person X was driving my car and blah blah ?? :)

Sorry for the OT. Can we claim even if the vehicle was driven by someone other than the registered owner by the time of an accident ?? if so, what are the necessary points to remember ? can we just tell them that person X was driving my car and blah blah ?? :)

Yes we can. Our van was reg'd under my dad's name and I've called the insurance provider each time I've had an accident (only 3 times in 13 years mind). In my case, the provider was SLIC and their claims people weren't fussy about who was driving as long as the driver had a valid license. But I should mention, they didn't require a police report for any of my accidents.

'liya', I understand what you say. The INSURANCE companies do pay if the repair garage gives an estimate with reasonable quotations. Most Vehicle owners want some more repairs done for the motor vehicle which had got damaged due to the accident. not only the accident repair they want entire paint job done on insurance claim not only the part which is necessary. Some vehicle owners come to me and request to over estimate by few thousands. This is the mentality of our Srilankan motorists. So most vehicle owners do not agree to what insurance companies want to pay for the damaged repair. They with the garage owner try to cheat the insurance companies by over estimating for a job. Some times the appraiser who comes for the examination of the accident vehicle wants few thousand rupees or 10% of the approved estimate to approve the quotation. IF the owner of the accident vehicle the garage owner and the appraiser from the Insurance company who examine the accident vehicle are honest then this type of comments will not come from the A/L members. Sylvi Wijesinghe.

that mean when we prepare claim every time we have to keep extra margin 20% ?????????

that mean when we prepare claim every time we have to keep extra margin 20% ?????????

'Nilantha',

As for my post I have clearly explained how the owners want extra things done, and what is the appraiser who comes for the examination of the accident vehicle wants.

If Windshield glass is changed the car owner will want few thousand rupees added to the cost of the bill what they pay to the shop.

This practice is going on for decades in srilanka. It is very difficult to stop this practice.

Thereby the garage owners are compelled, to overestimate for the accident repairs.

Even spare parts all spare part dealers give commission to the purchasing officer.

I cannot understand few thousand rupees they make what they can do at the end of the day.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 6 years later...
On 11/02/2012 at 10:19 AM, jayashantha12345 said:

AL has helped me alot.

i hope in future too.

Call me 07676#####

Edited by Crosswind
Do not share personal contact numbers

1. You can now make a comparison by using https://insureme.lk/. However, please the least cost one is not recommended.

2. Just to have an rough idea , please see below info;

C - Very fast in claims, fast inspection at the site of accident, include a lot of extensions to the covers, but the most expensive.

J (Now ALZ) - Fast in claims, fast inspection at the site of accident, basic covers, not very expensive. Current position is not known after acquired by ALZ

FF - Fast in claims, has extensions, bit expensive.

P - Slow in claims, no inspection at the site of accident and explain it over the phone is enough, basic covers, expensive.

H - Recently a tuk tuk driver whom I met on the road was complaining that his claim was dragging for months. That's all I know about it.

SLI - Cheap in premium as well as their claim process too. Good for third party, I guess. :P 

3. Regarding the claims, It's up to how you maintain the relationship with the agent. :wub:

4. If you need a better recommendation, please contact a garage owner. They know very well who is the best in claims. ;)

Edited by ChathurangaW