• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Tune Up - My Mitsubishi Lancer C62A (Asp 1991)

Iroshw

Question

Hi All,

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer ASP Model (C62A 1991 car 1500cc) bought few months back. As I heard this car does nearly 11-12Km/L but my one is lower than that. I need to know,

1. What can I do to get a better Fuel Consumption?

2. What is "Full Engine Tune Up" (My car has Carb Engine)?

3. Good place to do my engine tune up near Malabe, Battaramulla, Pannipitiya, Koswatte, Kaduwela?

4. What should be the normal RMP rate (with A/C and without A/C)?

5. Is silencer is affecting the car performance a lot?

6. What can I use as a Fuel Saver Liquid? 3M or better one?

7. What is the maximum fuel consumption of these kind of cars? With A/C and without A/C in colombo?

8. Also I would like to fix a spoiler to my car since this car looks like a sporty one, is there any best cheap place to do it near Malabe, Battaramulla, Kaduwela, Maharagama or Kottawa?

Guys, this is my first car and need your support to fix all issues since I'm planning to run 400Kms++ in next week.

Irosh

1 answer to this question

1. Tune & make car mechanically good. Be a economical driver

2. Carb cleaning, Plug clean/replace, Air Filter/Fuel Filter replacing. Engine oil condition

3. I know only EFI tune-up places in these area. Don't know they carry out carb..

4. Depends on the model. But for most in Idle, 700, With AC 800, In gear 600

5. Ya it's a factor(not a Big) . Back pressure is a performance factor.

6. Not fuel saver liquid but fuel system cleaners. Most are used by EFI system to clean even injectors but you may use "wu**h"

7. maximum consumption is 0 Km/L :) [A owner will help you on this]

8. A place @ Malabe-Athurugiriya road befor Arangala juction I think. Check to see...