• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place To Get Repair My Leaking Radiator (Plastic Tank)

marcus833

Question

Hi guys,

I have mazda BJ5P (2000) .there's a leak in my radiator . I want to know a better place to get repair it..im living @ Gampaha..if you guys know good place around Gampaha that let me know. i'll be very pleased if anyone can help me with this..since im new to this subject.Thanks..........

17 answers to this question

many people have done the upper plastic replacement with success. you can either use a copper tank or even put another plastic top tank without too much of an issue,

if your radiator core is aluminium alloy, you cant get a copper tank done afaik. But you can get another plastic top tank done.

Having said that...i too busted a top tank pretty badly and replaced it with a breaker yard joint replacement radiator instead of repairing it.

Thanks for your information.. :) have you got any idea of goingt to Radiator House or Lionel Radiater ,other than go to a normal radiator repairing place..?

I don't agree. Lionel Rdioator or Radiator house in Panchi will actually do a good job in repairing your old one as long as the core is ok.

I repaired my old nissan P11 radiator, cheaper than a used one, and got a warranty also for 1 year. Worled fine till the time I sold it.

The roblem with a used one is that it too is might be older than then one you are replacing.

• Like 1

I don't agree. Lionel Rdioator or Radiator house in Panchi will actually do a good job in repairing your old one as long as the core is ok.

I repaired my old nissan P11 radiator, cheaper than a used one, and got a warranty also for 1 year. Worled fine till the time I sold it.

The roblem with a used one is that it too is might be older than then one you are replacing.

thanks for your valueble information..i called them..but they told that they are not giving any warrenty ..i'm mentioning about the replacing the upper plastic tank...

sorry guys forgot to mention.Leak is in the upper plastic tank..

many people have done the upper plastic replacement with success. you can either use a copper tank or even put another plastic top tank without too much of an issue,

if your radiator core is aluminium alloy, you cant get a copper tank done afaik. But you can get another plastic top tank done.

Having said that...i too busted a top tank pretty badly and replaced it with a breaker yard joint replacement radiator instead of repairing it.

• Like 1

I got replaces only the Top Tank of the radiator of my ek3 (Plastic) from Rohana Motors at Gamsabha Junction. There head office is at Kelaniya. You could find a solution there.

FYI: http://www.rohanamotorslk.com/

i called them .they told me that it woull'd cost 6000 /= .(clean radiator core & replace the upper plastic tank, without coolent)

what about their service ..and how much you paid ?

Edited by marcus833

i called them .they told me that it woull'd cost 6000 /= .(clean radiator core & replace the upper plastic tank, without coolent)

what about their service ..and how much you paid ?

I got it done 1 year before for 4500. The place is their branch at Gamsabha Junction (Small Place). But he did a good job, no more leaking working well now 1+ years. If your top tank is plastic better replace it with a plastic one, rather that doing a copper one.

i buster the a radiator on my sprinter sometime back. used radiator off a delkanda joint was 10k...with the fan assemble too mind you.

So i took my chances with a used radiator cos those was in better overall shape than my busted radiator. the fans, core etc etc.

If you're getting the top tank done...i'd get it done at one of those big name places cos they will have lot more experience under their belts and also have a lot to loose if things dont work out right.

having said that...some smaller places too do a pretty good job

A friend fixed a busted top tank on his v35 skyline...he managed to buy a new top tank from "pioneer motors panchi" and get it fixed at A*W. I saw it after the repair and it was nearly impossible to spot that the top tank repair was done.

i buster the a radiator on my sprinter sometime back. used radiator off a delkanda joint was 10k...with the fan assemble too mind you. So i took my chances with a used radiator cos those was in better overall shape than my busted radiator. the fans, core etc etc. If you're getting the top tank done...i'd get it done at one of those big name places cos they will have lot more experience under their belts and also have a lot to loose if things dont work out right. having said that...some smaller places too do a pretty good job A friend fixed a busted top tank on his v35 skyline...he managed to buy a new top tank from "pioneer motors panchi" and get it fixed at A*W. I saw it after the repair and it was nearly impossible to spot that the top tank repair was done.
thank for ur advise machan.... :)