• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2C Engine Re-Boring Help

Amila G

Hi,

My friend got a townace CR27 with a badly worn engine. Now the engine is fully dismantled for a overhaul and it's in very bad shape.

Bore, pistons, valves everything is damaged and need replacing. But the mechanic is suggesting to re-bore the engine and then put a sleeve in and use new standard size pistons.

I just don't get it. Why do you need to bore out and use a sleeve to get the cylinder to the standard size and when you can just bore it and use larger pistons ?

AFAIK the engine does not have any sleeve originally. Could you guys shed some light on if there's any logic behind putting a sleeve to get the bore to standard size than using bigger pistons with a bored out cylinder ?

He says the sleeves are of good quality, but I'm worried that they might not and they'll wear out faster than the original block.

Is he trying to rip off ? Any help is really apriciated

Edited by Amila G

My recommendation is buy recondition 2C engine and replace. everyone can't do 2C engine repair successfully. you have to spend around Rs180,000 to repair originaly and you can buy recon engine for Rs.200,000/- if you want to know more clarification please ask me.

i did my 2C engine repair recently. i get it done according to my technical knowledge. if you don't have practical engine experience better you replace engine with recon one. all mechanics are telling recon engines are not good. why they are telling that? for engine repair they charge 20,000/- + commission from spare parts, for recon engine replacement they only can charge 5,000/- so they recommend to repair engine.

so my advice replace engine with recon one.