• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tinkering Price For Adjusting 4 Doors

GAPAUTO

Question

Hi All,

I recently replace all the door rubber beadings which goes around the door in my 1978 lancer wagon. After replacing the beadings i was in trouble of getting the doors closed properly expect for one. So i went to tinker who adjust the doors and he had to do some body scrapping to make the correct gap for the new beadings since the previouse owner had done a tinkering job without replacing the beadings. For the front doors he had to remove the sider fenders (or may be called as mud guards) as well to adjust the door hingers.

For this job the tinker took 3500 LKR. Does this price is exceptable or is it way too much for this job ?

Thanks in advance,

GAP.

6 answers to this question

you spent the money already right? if its too much are you gonna go ask him for a refund? or if too little are you gonna go pay him some more?

Considering the effort needed I would think that its a pretty good deal. So why dont you go and give him about another Rs.1500 to make it worthwhile..

• Like 1

Hi Watchman

Well i was told his prices was high from ppl who got things done, thats why i wanted to get some idea about the normal price for this kind of job.

my point is its too late to do anything more about it. So why ask?

I hope you go give him another Rs.1500 today; he can buy his family something for the newyear..

my point is its too late to do anything more about it. So why ask?

I hope you go give him another Rs.1500 today; he can buy his family something for the newyear..

Well i'm not sure to where you are heading here, but all i wanted is to get an idea regardless of the amount i paid already. This is some thing fo future reference a kind of lesson learn. So i guess its better we stop this "paying the 1500 thing" :).

gapauto,

I am also on the lookout for a tinker, can you tell me where is this person.

Hi Rameez,

He is in the Ganemulla road in kadawatha. There is a narrow double bend which is called "Aliya Wanguwa" after that just ask for "Nimal's Tinkering Place" from some one. The garage is next to a bakery.