• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guys Need Help! Droped Something To The Spark Plug Hole.

Flash_Bang

Question

No Dear!! I'm serious.. I tried to clean up the plugs and that bush droped to the middle cylinder hole.. Pericles this isn't a joke.

I used a flashlight to see it, but No way I could see that. This is bad isn't it??

Edited by Flash_Bang

Oh dear!!!!! There is way of taking out something in the chamber, but the results cannot be guranteed. Disconnect power to all plugs, make sure the other three plugs are tightly screwed in to the head. get someone to crank the engine once quickly and see if the forign object will be pushed out of the hole where the plug should be. (Goes witout saying that you should not put the plug back in). Also keep your head/eyes away as that thing will come out with a lot of force.

If you haven't fcked it up already by putting the plugs in and trying to start the car, this should work. Happened to me once in the P11 and the small bolt came out. Since then I cover the holes with small rags.

No Dear!! I'm serious.. I tried to clean up the plugs and that bush droped to the middle cylinder hole.. Pericles this isn't a joke.

I used a flashlight to see it, but No way I could see that. This is bad isn't it??

Never, EVER call another man "dear".

And AFAIK, you'll need to remove the tappet cover and pull the thing out of the cylinder. Safest way. IF I understood your problem correctly.

BTW, I don't think that's a DIY unless you really know what ur doing.

Edited by Pericles

Never, EVER call another man "dear".

And AFAIK, you'll need to remove the tappet cover and pull the thing out of the cylinder. Safest way. IF I understood your problem correctly.

BTW, I don't think that's a DIY unless you really know what ur doing.

Not just the tappet cover, if the rubber bush gets wedged somehwere the whole head will need to come out and depending on the extent of the jammed bush, the piston might need to be pulled oout. Complete dissassembly.

But that method I told him ought to work as it has worked for me.

Beside trolling... Are you serious VVTi?? That poor guy now cranking the engine with plug off.. Don't you know how much pressure it will release and the end if that thing come out or not Car simply act weirdly coz Central unit confused because of the act.. If yoy see this post.. Don't crank the engine..

Beside trolling... Are you serious VVTi?? That poor guy now cranking the engine with plug off.. Don't you know how much pressure it will release and the end if that thing come out or not Car simply act weirdly coz Central unit confused because of the act.. If yoy see this post.. Don't crank the engine..

Machang, you should really get some sleep... you must be tired after driving all night in Philly

The whole idea of cranking is to use the rpessue in the piston to push the FO out. The reason the plugs are disconnected is to stop the car from ticking over and starting on the remiaing cylinders.

'Confusing' the central unit is the least of his worries.

i think you should stick with the trolling and leave the decent topics alone.

Not just the tappet cover, if the rubber bush gets wedged somehwere the whole head will need to come out and depending on the extent of the jammed bush, the piston might need to be pulled oout. Complete dissassembly.

But that method I told him ought to work as it has worked for me.

Yes, inadequate description on my part. Forgot to mention the head.

But as you said, your method is risky, so that is the safest way. Question is if the risk is worth it, rather than the expense of taking the whole top of the engine off. I guess it has worked tho :)

BTW, FlashBang, welcome to exciting world of DIY... :) You have learned a very valuable lesson today.

Ya, in few minutes you'll learn how stupid your online new friend is? It will not work as before, ECU unit detected false signal already when you crank. So you have to reset it..

Didn't I tell you? Ah... Your friend gave the most stupidest idea to a armature.. Trolling is something but giving crap opinions is another thing.. Anyway is not 100% his fault too. Think before you do things. Don't do everything that a stranger tell you to do... I already posted a ECU reseting method earlier today. Anyway in your case car must have start with crippling shakes and misfires. Does it can crank now?

I reassemble it but it won't start,.. Can you redirect me again. please VVTi.

Malaka2, man are you serious? Because this isn't funny at all. I'm not a wealthy guy.. How do I reset it?

what are the symptoms?

is the motor cranking? did you mix up the sparkplug wires when you reconnected them?

Is there a chance of any of the plug wires being loose?

Is the engine checklight on?

Dont listen to the troll!

Edited by Ripper

Ya. Don't listen to me.. Listen to that Professor VVTi. Man, Listen carefully. Engine is like a man's heart. ECU is the brain of it. So you gave the brain false data about heart. Simply, Do as I said. Go and check the connecting terminal is fixed tied to correct coil.. May be you interconnet them that mean 1st coil terminal to 2nd or 3rd coil. If that's what you did. Cars plug firing timing goes to crazy. I think 1KR-FE is a 3 cylinder engine. So connect the each port to its respective terminal. Then Try to crank the engine. Do it once or twice about 10 seconds.. Then if everythings fine car should strat with a missfire and shake. Now Go...

Thank God It came out. Thank You VVTi, You saved my life.. But I tried 4 times and last it came, now engine is mess with petrol fumes. like a mist. Is it okay to reassemble the plugs and coil back now.? or should I wait?

this might be a long shot but if there's a lot of petrol in the cylinders. It might not start cos the mixture is too rich. It should be ok after a few cranks as the petrol gets purged from the system.