• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Pajero 1995 Fuel Consumption Problem

Dark_Lord

We bought 1995 Pajero couple of days ago. We had a 1985 one before that. It is 2.5l Non turbo, and the new one is also 2.5l and non turbo. 4D56 engine. Old one had 8-9km/l fuel consumption rate and new one is only having 6km/l rate. Please Pajero owners. Tell me your experience. Sometimes this may require some kind of a engine repair.

Quoted fuel consumption is a funny one, as often the claims you hear is a little bit exaggerated :) My suggestion is this. First get the vehicle checked up by a good mechanic. Things to examine are compression, diesel pump operation etc. Also check little things like tyre pressure which affects fuel consumption.

The second thing to observe is your driving style, which is the #1 reason for bad fuel consumption. Try being lighter on the accelerator, accelerate gradually and keep to a steady pace (not accelerate a lot brake and accelerate again). Basically adapt to a more economical driving style. Then re check the results. Since the non turbo version is a bit down on power it could be that you are racing the vehicle a lot to get good acceleration and spending a lot of time on lower gears. This might be the cause of your low fuel economy if a mechanic rules out mechanical failure.

Its manual one... one of my friend told me that its about 8km/l in his one..

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't 1995 pajero(v46) weight more than old 1985 pajero(palathsaba) and i heard that 2.5 engine is underpowered in V46 pajero if so that can lead to low fuel consumption.

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't 1995 pajero(v46) weight more than old 1985 pajero(palathsaba) and i heard that 2.5 engine is underpowered in V46 pajero if so that can lead to low fuel consumption.

yeah 1995's is more weight than 1985. its bit underpowered. and one of my friend told me that his one is doing about 7.5km/l