• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Piagio Motorbike

Thanushka

Hi All,

I've seen couple of Piaggio scooters in the road, specially Piaggio Liberty and been fall in love with them. I think these ones are not made in India, but made in Italy.

Has any one has any experinece on these bikes?

Is there an agent for these bike?

How about the the availability of spares, I know it's not like jap or indian ones, but did the agent is capable of providing the parts that we requested.

Thanks.

Edited by Thanushka

Bro, you are reminding me such a lovely type of vehicles called "Scooters"

My uncle had a Vespa Piaggio scooter bought brand new around1981/82 (85 Sri xxxx).

I also used it in 1996 -1998 and after that never used and kept stored in our stores.

It was a lovely vehicle and so fun to ride. But this old model was absent of side mirrors , signal lights and battery.

Also there is no ignition switch and can lock only the handle. When you park it somewhere , anyone can start it by kicking, but unable to ride as the handle is locked. :D

Gear changing by the left hand and exactly the three wheeler method (1 N 2 3 4)

I was in India 1998-2001 and at that time scooter:motor bike ratio was nearly about 4:1 except Tamilnadu , I guess.

There majority of the scooters were LML , Kinetec , TVS and Piaggio at that time.

However rarely see such scooters here now. All market is turned to Scooty Peps.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

me too ....i called goldwing and they told me that you can get a factory a grade vespa 125cc for 1k and they will paint with any color you choose. i am contemplating of getting one to move around, the looks of these italians scooters are amazing , and a mix of retro and modern is always welcome. the indians are no match when it comes to the styling. however you may also try to TVS wego which is somewhat similar in shape, but i personally prefer the vespa.

gold wing motors told me that they are going to open a showroom in colombo very soon. also the vespa has re entered the indian market to sell scooters, and it is more likely that it will pickup here soon.

me too ....i called goldwing and they told me that you can get a factory a grade vespa 125cc for 1k and they will paint with any color you choose. i am contemplating of getting one to move around, the looks of these italians scooters are amazing , and a mix of retro and modern is always welcome. the indians are no match when it comes to the styling. however you may also try to TVS wego which is somewhat similar in shape, but i personally prefer the vespa.

gold wing motors told me that they are going to open a showroom in colombo very soon. also the vespa has re entered the indian market to sell scooters, and it is more likely that it will pickup here soon.

first i presume you mean 100,000 right? 1k means only Rs.1000/=

But a brand new motorcycle for 100k sounds like a steal. doesnt it?

Hi Machan,

Nice to hear they are going to open a showroom in Colombo. Can you PM me the contact details of Gold wing motors.

first i presume you mean 100,000 right? 1k means only Rs.1000/=

But a brand new motorcycle for 100k sounds like a steal. doesnt it?

yes sorry i meant 100000 Rs....but for an Italian bike like vespa should be ok....

Hi Machan,

Nice to hear they are going to open a showroom in Colombo. Can you PM me the contact details of Gold wing motors.

machan,

let me try to get it for you by today evening....but in the meantime there was a thread by me a few months which has the no.....just do a search as vespa....i guess it should be there

Vespas and Innocenti(Italy) Lambrettas ruled Indian roads for many decades under various brand names. Bajaj Scootters,LML-Vespa are examples. Scootters are disappearing from India especially Lambys made by ALWYN,Scootters India like companies as they are collected and shipped to Europe by some businesses in India.