• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sorento 2012 Permit

pdeeban

Question

Hey guys I'm planning to buy a kia sorento 2012 any of you own a kia sorento 2012 under a permit?

if so please tell me your opinions and how is the suv ie: comfy/noise/mechanical issues etc

really appreciate your opinions.....

Thanks

:)

Hey guys I'm planning to buy a kia sorento 2012 any of you own a kia sorento 2012 under a permit?

if so please tell me your opinions and how is the suv ie: comfy/noise/mechanical issues etc

really appreciate your opinions.....

Thanks

:)

Hey dont buy it, as I read lots of reviews and forums in autolanka looks like their service is bad, Why dont you go for BMW X3 as its offered for the permit. Oh if you dont like it go for BMW 520d

Hey dont buy it, as I read lots of reviews and forums in autolanka looks like their service is bad, Why dont you go for BMW X3 as its offered for the permit. Oh if you dont like it go for BMW 520d

Oh I see... Well I ordered a 520d too for a permit but i wanted o know abt a kia sorento 2012...

apparently you cannot use a bmw 520d for daily use itll be hacked right?

Oh I see... Well I ordered a 520d too for a permit but i wanted o know abt a kia sorento 2012...

Well ya after all its a car but I herd KIA customer service is bad. By the way when did prestige promised to deliver your 520D.

Well they said Oct and I called them yesterday they said even september is a possibility as they said they are trying to expedite the process. Well I m glad as I need to buy a air ticket to return to SL in december and I hope they have the vehicle in SL.

Sorry peri I have to say this. This thread is what happens when you have two permit garandiyas talking to each other.

Are you out of your mind, I didnt know ordering a BMW is a garadiya talk. Where I m living now BMW is just another car. And they are very cheap compare to prices in sri lanka.

As you are dealing with prestige,

Why not order you'r self a Tucson.

It is great to use as a second car, pretty easy to move trough traffic rather than the kia or the big beemer.

And their service is better than kia.

You could also consider the Freelander -2.

BTW are these permits you'rs or did you buy them.

Edited by Clark's son

Hey..

Just wana know how to get a permit? Ive heard ppl sayin that if u r working abroad you cud get a permit..

I really have no idea on how it works and stuffs..wud any1 bother to explain me?

Peace

You cant get a permit unless you are a senior govt servent. This SL govt is not generous enough to give foreign currency earners duty free permits. We work our ass off to earn money but if we do come to SL ad doesnt matter we bring $1mil govt wont give us a permit to buy vehicle. Only way for us to buy a permit is to buy from a one who sells it. And we dont take a single cent from SL foreign currency reserve to buy the car still we have to pay taxes. But after we bring money to country that money is use to buy cars for other people like govt servents and politicians who has not bought a $1 to the country. Thats the way SL works. I personally think govt should give at lease a limit of $50000 USD duty free permit for people who at least bought $100000 USD to the country

• Like 1

You cant get a permit unless you are a senior govt servent. This SL govt is not generous enough to give foreign currency earners duty free permits. We work our ass off to earn money but if we do come to SL ad doesnt matter we bring $1mil govt wont give us a permit to buy vehicle. Only way for us to buy a permit is to buy from a one who sells it. And we dont take a single cent from SL foreign currency reserve to buy the car still we have to pay taxes. But after we bring money to country that money is use to buy cars for other people like govt servents and politicians who has not bought a $1 to the country. Thats the way SL works. I personally think govt should give at lease a limit of $50000 USD duty free permit for people who at least bought $100000 USD to the country

So bro you also have bought the permit from a govt senior. Watz the benefit of that,,do u get the car for a less rate..obviously it shud be less..how much less? wats the market value of a 520d? and watz the price for the permit holders?

peace

Well mate, May God Bless you when you try to do insurance claims for your new vehicle if bought trough a permit which belongs to another person. (Touch wood though!) I assume you must have paid 1 Mil to get hold of the permit.

Any way we have discussed about permits for foreign employees numerous times in this forum.

So bro you also have bought the permit from a govt senior. Watz the benefit of that,,do u get the car for a less rate..obviously it shud be less..how much less? wats the market value of a 520d? and watz the price for the permit holders?

peace

Well mate, May God Bless you when you try to do insurance claims for your new vehicle if bought trough a permit which belongs to another person. (Touch wood though!) I assume you must have paid 1 Mil to get hold of the permit.

Any way we have discussed about permits for foreign employees numerous times in this forum.

Well whats the problem with the insurance I did had a montero sport also bought like that, we never hada issue with the insurance. We do the insurance under the owners name simple as that. And by the way I dont think we have any permits for foreign employees. We pay 1.2 mil for the permit holder and we pay 9.7 mil for 520D. But total cost of the vehicle is more than 16 mil. ( I know petrol one is 18 mil).

Oh please. You didn't go out of the country and "work your ass off" because you care so much about your country and building foreign reserves. You went there for better pay and employment opportunities. If anyone deserves a permit it would be the people who export Sri Lankan products all over the world, bringing in revenue and lessening our image as a country that depends of the export of maids to the middle east. You don't see the exporters whining like you, do you?

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 3

Well whats the problem with the insurance I did had a montero sport also bought like that, we never hada issue with the insurance. We do the insurance under the owners name simple as that. And by the way I dont think we have any permits for foreign employees. We pay 1.2 mil for the permit holder and we pay 9.7 mil for 520D. But total cost of the vehicle is more than 16 mil. ( I know petrol one is 18 mil).

Thanks for clearing my doubts...to b honest 9.7m is out of my budget,,way our of my budget. recently a frnd f mine bot a montero sport with a doc permit,i gues it cost him 7.2 i gues.i dnt remb da figure thoh.

Peace

Oh please. You didn't go out of the country and "work your ass off" because you care so much about your country and building foreign reserves. You went there for better pay and employment opportunities. If anyone deserves a permit it would be the people who export Sri Lankan products all over the world, bringing in revenue and lessening our image as a country that depends of the export of maids to the middle east. You don't see the exporters whining like you, do you?

Dude yes you have a point there, What I say is everyone who brings foreign currency to the country should receive a permit. (Exporters, Workers even Maids (at least for them to earn some money by selling it)

If the vehicle meets with an accident & if you want to repair it in a garage apart from the Agent you have to pay some amount in Advance right? So under who's name will the insurance company issue the Cheque? Suppose the vehilcle is in a condemn state under who's name will the cheque be drawn by the Insurance Company?

• Like 1

Dude yes you have a point there, What I say is everyone who brings foreign currency to the country should receive a permit. (Exporters, Workers even Maids (at least for them to earn some money by selling it)

Shows the quality of the people who are eligible for permits & who wants to buy them.......

• Like 1

If the vehicle meets with an accident & if you want to repair it in a garage apart from the Agent you have to pay some amount in Advance right? So under who's name will the insurance company issue the Cheque? Suppose the vehilcle is in a condemn state under who's name will the cheque be drawn by the Insurance Company?

Cheque will be issued to the owner of the car and thats why all of us should buy permits from relatives or closefriends. Its risky to buy it from a unknown person