• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Can Find Good Place To Replace Car Door Window Seal/beading

ColomboRox

Where can find good place to replace car Door window seal/beading ? Will it costly?

it's faded and looks old in my car's window seal/beading,I guess that might be the correct wording for that;

outer rubber in and out of around the door window.

will replacing maintain original quality of may car?

First and foremost are the seals leaking? you might be able to recondition them a bit using silicone spray. The problem with replacements is they are rarely as good as the originals and if the originals are functional and sealing properly might be best to spruce them up with some tyre black or something and keep them.

First and foremost are the seals leaking? you might be able to recondition them a bit using silicone spray. The problem with replacements is they are rarely as good as the originals and if the originals are functional and sealing properly might be best to spruce them up with some tyre black or something and keep them.

What is the chemical used for tyre black? I mean the product name like sunlight :)

Yeah! I would love to if I could keep them,Yes they sealed but some are getting bit torn so thin better replace!

where can I buy this "silicone spray" ?

Edited by ColomboRox

What is the chemical used for tyre black? I mean the product name like sunlight :)

Yeah! I would love to if I could keep them,Yes they sealed but some are getting bit torn so thin better replace!

where can I buy this "silicone spray" ?

Tyre black comes in many brand names like Simorinz, Autoglym, Dash etc. It's what its called, tyre black and will make your black rubber appear a bit spruced up. I noticed silicone spray at Link in Jubilee post as well but I'm sure you'll get it in any good hardware store. Remember it is not silicone sealant which is a sealant but a spray which is a lubricant.