• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help To Buy A Car For A New Driver

asankabs

Question

hi,

i got my driving licence some times ago. but haven't drove a car after that. yes i can drive (that's why i got the licence) but im not a very experienced driver. still i think i need more experience and practice. but i have no chance to drive a car to practice more as i don't have a vehicle at my home. and i don't know any friend who can lend a car for such purpose.

so im thinking to buy a car. actually i can spend about 3.0-3.2 mil to buy a good one but im worrying whether if it get damaged because of my 'L board' state.

or i can buy a small car like alto and get some experience. after that sell it and buy a good one.but i know buying and selling a cars is a really annoying and time wasting process. also car prices can be increased when i buy the second vehicle.

what may i do? please give me some advise.

thanks.

14 answers to this question

macho, i would say stick to a car which cost around 1 - 1.3 Mn and easily marketable ..like AE100,FB14, eg8..try to find a well maintained one or else identify the defects before buying..even if you say its well maintained it might give some troubles as it is more than 18 years old...while fixing the issues you will get to know the in and out of the car and the mechanics around us...then go for the car you desired at whatever price.. or else you will be one of the persons who is hogging middle of the road with his priuss..

• Like 2

If you are getting a car purely for the purouse of learning to drive, I would suggest getting something old and cheap like an old beetle. That way you woulldn't have to worry about selling it.

and he will not sell it......he will fall in love with it... :D , but yes something with clutch would be the best and then you can move into auto....

If you can drive..IMO you should just go ahead an buy what you think suits your needs best.

I wouldn't worry too much about any "possible" accidents in advance.

Life is short and sometimes even the best of drivers get bashed up...either due to their own screwups or thanks to some other morons behind the wheel.

life would be boring if it was risk free :) live a little, use common sense and have fun.

• Like 3

Mate..If you are really worried about the accidents due to your inexperience,go ahead and buy a car with a minimum budget that you could sell later on with minimum of effort..so I would also recommend what TheClutch recommended. They are cheap and relatively easy to sell :rolleyes:

If you can drive..IMO you should just go ahead an buy what you think suits your needs best.

I wouldn't worry too much about any "possible" accidents in advance.

Life is short and sometimes even the best of drivers get bashed up...either due to their own screwups or thanks to some other morons behind the wheel.

life would be boring if it was risk free :) live a little, use common sense and have fun.

+1

Just go ahead and buy the vehicle you want. If your worried by your inexperience, I would suggest that you try to use the car at times where there is minimal traffic. When I bought my first car, I was in a similar situation so I drove to work a bit

early to avoid the traffic.

hi,

i got my driving licence some times ago. but haven't drove a car after that. yes i can drive (that's why i got the licence) but im not a very experienced driver. still i think i need more experience and practice. but i have no chance to drive a car to practice more as i don't have a vehicle at my home. and i don't know any friend who can lend a car for such purpose.

so im thinking to buy a car. actually i can spend about 3.0-3.2 mil to buy a good one but im worrying whether if it get damaged because of my 'L board' state.

or i can buy a small car like alto and get some experience. after that sell it and buy a good one.but i know buying and selling a cars is a really annoying and time wasting process. also car prices can be increased when i buy the second vehicle.

what may i do? please give me some advise.

thanks.

IMO its a bad option to buy a car just to learn driving. If you can drive to some extend, buy what you prefer. You will learn to handle it one day ;)

As Ripper mentioned, shit may happen with any car. We cannot prevent that and thats where the Insurance comes into play;)

I too agree, buy a car you're going to keep. Just buy one you'd be comfortable driving. With your budget you have a good choice, and you needn't necessarily spend it all to find a good car.

Yep,

Don't buy something thinking you'd wreck it,

Buy some thing you like

It some times develop a great sentimental value as the first car you used.

And as you'r an armature it is better to go with a small hatch back that's easy to drive.

My personal experience learned to drive in a nissan march pretty easy to drive.

A nissan march, suzuki swift ect. are good vehicles for you'r requirement.

If you'r really not confident try to get a second hand one for a cheaper price.

If you are not much confident with the traffic and the hills go for a auto, but try to shift to a stick-shift when you get experienced,

It's pathetic how some people don't like to use the stick shift now, if you get too much used to the auto this would happen