• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Avenir 98 Deisel Pros & Cons

C_J

Hi all,

This is my very first question on this site, looking for all your advice/opinions.

I'm looking for a wagon and came across a Nissan Avenir 1998 model Manual Deisel car. Asking price is Rs.1.4m. It's in average condition.

What do you guys & gals think about it?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll share what I know. The Avenir Diesel probably uses the same 1.8L Diesel engine as the FB14 and the Nissan Vanette and Serena. So parts are plenty but the FB14 in particular seemed to suffer a bit from overheating.

Also you are probably going to get an old Diesel which has already run a lot of miles. Not all of these vehicles were overhauled properly. Get the engine checked out extremely well before you commit to a purchase. Look out for engine judder, hesitation when racing, black smoke etc.

I'll share what I know. The Avenir Diesel probably uses the same 1.8L Diesel engine as the FB14 and the Nissan Vanette and Serena. So parts are plenty but the FB14 in particular seemed to suffer a bit from overheating.

afaik nissan avenir diesel comes with 2L engine (CD20T). :)