• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noise When Steering

ShanTheBest

Question

Hi all,

I got toyota vitz 2010 and there is noise when steering on full lock. it is not happening while driving and terning the vehicle. it is only happening when steering on full lock i.e stop the vehicle and steering after the applying break. any help would be highly appreciated.

Shan

9 answers to this question

Hi Shan,

I had a similar problem with Axio. I took it to car c(a)re Babalapitya. The same way when driving no issues but when the vehicle is still and if you turn the steering a strange noise comes. Just they lubricated the horn bracket with a heat resistance grease (the pink color one ). Maybe you have the same problem.

• Like 1

Any car with power steering makes noise when its on a full lock. Jees dumbass

No it doesn't dumbass. OP has done a poor job of explaining his problem but the only sound you should hear is the tires on the ground.

NZer let's say you are correct for hydrolic system. I agree with you that a sound will be there. But as I think Axio and vitz they do have almost the same type steering. That means EPS. and EPS is not assied with hydoric. So what you say may be not relevnt to EPS.

Edited by CAR_MADNESS

This happens when the PS drive belts slipping on heavy stressful loads. Adjusting the little but excess slack will help this out temporary.But it is always important that you need to back off and inch or two when hit the lock since the belt and pump is under extreme pressure at full lock.

MINIACE