• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Flush

kmcsb

for my service i willing to do engine flush with flush liquid before i changeoil....i heard some good and bad things about it...im having an eg8 and this is my first service after i bought it...

is it a good or a bad idea??? will it harm of my engine and wt about fuel consumptions ??

what are the god brand of flush liquids and prices should be..

i decided to put mobil 10w-40 engine oil and vic oil filter as well. wht do you think guys....???

Is this the first service you are going to do after the purchase ? If so then you better do a flush or else if you were uing this vehical for a while and had no any problem then no point.

If you don't know what you are talking about please keep quiet ok. Engine flushes should only be used as a last resort and if you are doing one you should be ready to rebuild the engine in any case.

Per JD, DON'T flush. Engines hate it. If you want to give your baby a little treat - and I'm assuming that you normally change your oil at about 5,000k intervals - take her for a good hard belt down the expressway at about the 2,500k mark, then drain the oil while the motor is really hot after the run, really let the oil drip out for a hour or so, then refill with a premium oil + a premium filter - she will love you long time.

PS - then just go back to your normal oil change intervals. You don't even have to record it in her log book, just let it be your little secret.

PPS - and don't burn your fingers!

Now there are some instances where Engine flush is advised such as if you are having issues with hydraulic tappets, but generally speaking engine flushes are not necessary and can lead to more problems than they solve. The common issue is that it releases sludge built up along the oil lines and not currently causing an obstruction which then go on to cause obstructions.

Thus I agree with Scooter and JD that a normal oil service with a new oil filter should be sufficient.

"If you don't know what you are talking about please keep quiet ok. Engine flushes should only be used as a last resort and if you are doing one you should be ready to rebuild the engine in any case. "

jdnet , may be you are correct but you may have looked in to "Why we need Engine Flush" Also at first place

During the oil change does the engine get cleaned 100% ? No more than 1/2 of sludge, old contaminated oil, abrasives remain in the engine

Is this harmful to the engine? Yes because these contaminates rub the engine and it causes Engine faliure earlier

Have you noticed? Though you put new oil after running about 100km's you can see oil color has changed that is the proof for this.

After a flush, removing sludge improves the engine's ability to dissipate heat. Many engines will run noticeably cooler. Reduced Emissions. A cleaner engine naturally produces less harmful emissions. Improved Engine Performance and no change in Engine oil color.

It’s just a matter of fact selecting the reputed product & Place to do it .If you use shitty product then you will get a shitty result

Not promoting, but you can find AUTOGLYM_ENGINE_CLEANER and place where they do it. And while I was there many people did it for their TOYOTA JDM recon. Vehicles bought newly.

No offense but I have no idea how it will effect on a 1970’s-80’s unrepaired engine with oil seals and gaskets that are may be made of almost of sludge and other remainings

Sludge is only effective if used regularly from the beginning as part of a normal service routine. If it is not, there is too much sludge for Engine flush to completely dissolve and it just causes blockages and various other unwanted problems (things like release sludge in the sump which doesn't cause any issues in normal running). Hence it is best avoided in older engines. The only solution to sludge in an older engine is to clean it manually by dismantling the engine.

If the OP wants to flush the engine, let him do it.

But as long as I own a car, I will NOT flush the engine or the Tranny.

But that's just me.

Let those who are awed by the marketing literature try for themselves... :)

BTW, Car Madness machang, I think you are a fcking Idiot....

Autoglym engine cleaner is used for engine surface dressing and not for flushing. I bet you are one of thsefcking morons who will put harpic in the sump to clean the engine.

Now shooooo, go play with your dolls.

• Like 2

BTW, Car Madness machang, I think you are a fcking Idiot....

Autoglym engine cleaner is used for engine surface dressing and not for flushing. I bet you are one of thsefcking morons who will put harpic in the sump to clean the engine.

Now shooooo, go play with your dolls.

Sorry guys I think I made a mistake, the confusion occurred coz I asked the mechanic (so called him self) where I saw they doing the Engine flushing for number of New Toyota Vitz and Axio's and above comments were made with courtesy to him . But After referring to google , It seems like there is more cons than advantages in engine flushing.

But I am sure they didn't use engine surface dressing for flushing ...lol

Edited by CAR_MADNESS

Sorry guys I think I made a mistake, the confusion occurred coz I asked the mechanic (so called him self) where I saw they doing the Engine flushing for number of New Toyota Vitz and Axio's and above comments were made with courtesy to him . But After referring to google , It seems like there is more cons than advantages in engine flushing.

But I am sure they didn't use engine surface dressing for flushing ...lol

here's a tip. The next time you don't know something, please shut up instead of giving out advice ok? We already have too many experts who post advice based on google and what they heard the mechanic monkey say when they were at a garage.

If are you using 10W-40 for your eg don't do it. Its thicker than recommended. I use 10w 30 for my ek which is better than 40. What honda recommends is 5W-30 but its a bit expensive so go for 10W.

:action-smiley-035:

Using thicker oil may damage your oil pump and it consume more power from the engine to pump the oil and eventually reduce the engine efficiency

If are you using 10W-40 for your eg don't do it. Its thicker than recommended. I use 10w 30 for my ek which is better than 40. What honda recommends is 5W-30 but its a bit expensive so go for 10W.

Using thicker oil may damage your oil pump and it consume more power from the engine to pump the oil and eventually reduce the engine efficiency

what is the brand that you are using and price?

Dude, the recommended oil for most cars is 10W30, but if you read your manual you would notice that there are a number of grades supported and nearly always it includes XW40 and XW50 (X can be 0,5,10,15). Yes you get a little bit more efficiency from XW30 oil but its thinner oil and while it flows faster it does not provide as much protection. So in older engines particularly with hydraulic tappets people switch to XW40 as it seems to work better.

what is the brand that you are using and price?

I use havoline 10W 30 (With deposit shield they say) :)

I think its 2800/-

Dude, the recommended oil for most cars is 10W30, but if you read your manual you would notice that there are a number of grades supported and nearly always it includes XW40 and XW50 (X can be 0,5,10,15). Yes you get a little bit more efficiency from XW30 oil but its thinner oil and while it flows faster it does not provide as much protection. So in older engines particularly with hydraulic tappets people switch to XW40 as it seems to work better.

Hmm.. you may be correct don

I use havoline 10W 30 (With deposit shield they say) :)

I think its 2800/-

Hmm.. you may be correct don

If your engine is approaching the 200K mark and is starting to lose a bit of oil, switching to 40 might help things a little bit. You can switch back to 30 after an overhaul.

I went to KleenPark for the service for the first time and boy didn't they try hard to convince me to do a flush on my car's 26,000kms old engine!!! I explained that Nissan Cefiro we had previously had done 180,000+km with no single engine flush and was still returning near peak fuel efficiency and performance and they didn't try to approach me afterwards.

I went to KleenPark for the service for the first time and boy didn't they try hard to convince me to do a flush on my car's 26,000kms old engine!!! I explained that Nissan Cefiro we had previously had done 180,000+km with no single engine flush and was still returning near peak fuel efficiency and performance and they didn't try to approach me afterwards.

Yeah, it happens at many places. It happened to me at AutoMirage. They were saying the oil has become sticky & all sorts of things just to get me to flush the engine, but I politely declined.

Waste of money really. If you change oil on time, there is no need to flush the engine at any point. And by the time the lines start to get blocked you probably need at least partial overhaul anyway at which point you can get the engine properly cleaned up.

Yeah, it happens at many places. It happened to me at AutoMirage. They were saying the oil has become sticky & all sorts of things just to get me to flush the engine, but I politely declined.

I called Toyota Lanka too for an opinion and they too strongly discouraged the move. These reputed service stations really loose their credibility with such stupid recommendations!