• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Possible Convert Nissan 2Wd Cab To 4Wd

Pramuditha.d

Question

13 answers to this question

its possible but not sure if its worth the effort you will put for it...plus if you want to legalize it youll have to weight it again at the RMW. you forgot about the suspension as well...know few aussie forums where they are doing it...a 54-XXXX nissan fourwheeler goes for around 2-2.1Mn it might be cheaper for you to get one of those and sell your current wheels

• Like 2

@YALA yes its 54- XXXX, but i inspected lot of d21 4 wheelers, but the thing is they all are hacked :speechless-smiley-006: . when you check 1994 4 wheeler(japan used) its more than 2.5 mn. thats why i thought to convert it. some times i have to face unpredictable machanical problems too.

Well, when it comes time to sell yours, no matter how much love and money you put into doing this conversion, in the prospective buyers' eyes it will be "hacked" too.

• Like 1

@YALA yes its 54- XXXX, but i inspected lot of d21 4 wheelers, but the thing is they all are hacked :speechless-smiley-006: . when you check 1994 4 wheeler(japan used) its more than 2.5 mn. thats why i thought to convert it. some times i have to face unpredictable machanical problems too.

machan when you convert a vehicle from what it was intended to use to a something different youll face mechanical problems more unique than running a factory spec 4wheeler...most of the vehicles you looked at were prob hacked visually but mechanically should be in decent condition as they are meant to run 500k and over with minimal rebuilding a bit of elbow grease and alot of love over the weekends you can have it running like brand new believe me ive done it and considered converting my @wheeler to 4 but decided to sell and upgrade to a 4wheeler..also your looking at buying something 18 years old assuming 1994 which means its bound to need a lot of replacing parts anyway so why not find a decent specimen and do it up i can direct you to part suppliers.just hit a search on AL buy section you generally get a 10 hits on a given day within your price.

• Like 1

Dear All thanx for your comments. the thing is we personally imported this 2WD one. Still it exists in mint condiotion as a brand new 1.done less than 200000KM yet. I have rarely seen 1994 nissan 2WD in its condition. So i'm little bit greedy to sell it. thats why i tried to convert it 4WD. anyway thanx for your ideas. so i decieded to lift the vehicle from front torsion bar and rear leaf springs. replace 14 inch tires size by 15 or 16 inch 4 wheeler alloys. and do some modifications as a 4WD without converting the machanical parts :)

i have seen a few lift kits for the 2wd might come in handy if your looking at doing it...plus you can gain some height with tyres only problem would be you might have to sew off the corner bit of the front lip which is fixed below the buffer.

Edited by YALA

Dear All thanx for your comments. the thing is we personally imported this 2WD one. Still it exists in mint condiotion as a brand new 1.done less than 200000KM yet. I have rarely seen 1994 nissan 2WD in its condition. So i'm little bit greedy to sell it. thats why i tried to convert it 4WD. anyway thanx for your ideas. so i decieded to lift the vehicle from front torsion bar and rear leaf springs. replace 14 inch tires size by 15 or 16 inch 4 wheeler alloys. and do some modifications as a 4WD without converting the machanical parts :)

I hope you realize you'll never again (truthfully) be able to call that vehicle 'mint', right?

Your money,your vehicle;

May I ask why did you want to convert it to 4WD? Most 4WD vehicles in SL never actually need to use it! 2WD is more economical, easier on the tyres and a bit more comfortable as well. So unless you plan to do some hardcore off roading leaving the vehicle as it is might be a sensible option too

• Like 1

@THE DON,

Most nearest reason to convert this double cab is i usualy travel bandarawela and up country areas. most of the time off roads. the biggest problems i faced are low ground clearence and slipping in muddy areas.

@CLARK'S SON,

As u say actually i have sentimental values of this vehicle past 18 years. :)

@THE DON,

Most nearest reason to convert this double cab is i usualy travel bandarawela and up country areas. most of the time off roads. the biggest problems i faced are low ground clearence and slipping in muddy areas.

I think you should be able to lift the body up and use larger wheels. This way, you don't need to worry too much about tyres hitting the wheel arches or the bumpers.

If slipping is an issue, one thing is the type and condition of your tyres...

I have a ford 4x4....hardly use the 4x4 but use the low range in 2wd somewhat often. Can get out of situs with less stress on the clutch by switching to low range.

But as most folks have said...converting a 2wd to 4wd might not be worth the hassle considering all the things you need to mod/change etc.

And it's not like the vehicle in concern is a rare model that you can't find in a 4x4 version in.

In anycase, why not take the truck to a place like outdoorsman or even bruce motorsports and see what they can do to improve ground clearance and "offroadability"