• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Jeep J55 Wiring Issue

Janith Seneviratne

This is the speedo gauge of two meter model isn't it? If so, I'm certain that it's one earth and two (+) ve supply for gauge illuminating light and high beam indicator.

Don't have any diagrams but you can do the pin identification using a test lamp. Never short circuit to identify pins.

No harshan this is the Speedo meter of the 5 gauge meter i had the 2 meter one found a 5 dial gauge cluster cheap so fixed it, everything work only thing is dont know what those 3 pin outs are, these gauges are from a Mitsubishi Jeep j55 Safari model, yea better to do the Old school method

Edited by Janith Seneviratne

No harshan this is the Speedo meter of the 5 gauge meter i had the 2 meter one found a 5 dial gauge cluster cheap so fixed it, everything work only thing is dont know what those 3 pin outs are, these gauges are from a Mitsubishi Jeep j55 Safari model, yea better to do the Old school method

as far as I can remember the 5 dial gauge does not come with in-built illumination and also unlike the 2 meter speedo guage, it doesn't carry the high beam indicator within.

In-fact it uses a bulb pointed towards it from outsite as gauge illumination. However, just try the old school method while trying to translate the wiring manual thing, which can be too complicated.

Finally Found What it is, Now way Old fashioned work as the site says

"I wonder What is this? Coupler which is believed to have obtained information from the electrical speedometer. Seems to signal for turns out, the speed warning. The buzzer sounded I guess maybe equal to or greater than 105 km. But I wonder if the buzzer sounds at that speed range? But you ran that much, right? OPTION buzzer turned out to be from now on J55 however."

http://homepage2.nifty.com/jurinji/images/jeep/meter-gauge/meter-gauge.htm

a Speed Buzzer

Yeh, Janith, its bit of a diamond, ain't it, 'cos there's not much "hard" technical stuff about the MitsiJeeps on the net. The text , as u say, is in Japanese but all the exploded diagrams and sketches with the torque ratings and the wiring diagrams and stuff are still useful. And his blog...although with auto translate the text the English comes out a bit bizarre (as you found :-).....introduces us to a Japanese guy who is passionate long-term about his Mitsi. Interesting that he appear to have the dual battery crap out issues that has been referred to on AL previously.

• Like 2