• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

Here's the toyota notice.

I'm sorry, but this just me lol at work :D Even my boss wanted to know whats up :D

:rolleyes::whistle2:

Edited by The Stig

no mate.. wt a funny points they have made... I agree for one, which says they dont have technical knowledge.. other that that all others are like kinda bullshit...

they talk about specific parts for weather conditions. if someone can name a one part they fix to other vehicles they import i would be delighted... lol

totally agree

It's quite funny notice by Toyota Lanka .. I heard they imported Prius Few years back (http://www.toyota.lk/vehicle.php?id=prius) but i heard it not got succeed because of the price (those days)... So why they thought about those things in those days.. But now..

it may be a funny note for those whom are trying to get rid of all these boxes lying in about their car sales. However, I heard lot of my colleagues including my boss praise this article saying how educative it was. I've come across an article which has again released from Toyota itself on safety measures to be taken on certain incidences, such as accidents, etc, and that article and this were more or less on the same lines.

So what it was there in the article is not just funny lame sh**t but sensible opinion of a responsible agent and I'm sure all the other countries/governments whom are supporting hybrids would've gone through these cycles of public awareness, user education, infrastructure readiness and more importantly whether the system/model is localized to suite the conditions which has been discussed and highlighted.

we're talking about a road system which gets flooded for few hours of raining and half foot or one foot flood is guaranteed after a heavy rain fall in most of Colombo roads itself. I'm waiting to see how some of these hybrids negotiate floods what we used to negotiate about few months back on almost regularly basis.

• Like 1

it may be a funny note for those whom are trying to get rid of all these boxes lying in about their car sales. However, I heard lot of my colleagues including my boss praise this article saying how educative it was. I've come across an article which has again released from Toyota itself on safety measures to be taken on certain incidences, such as accidents, etc, and that article and this were more or less on the same lines.

So what it was there in the article is not just funny lame sh**t but sensible opinion of a responsible agent and I'm sure all the other countries/governments whom are supporting hybrids would've gone through these cycles of public awareness, user education, infrastructure readiness and more importantly whether the system/model is localized to suite the conditions which has been discussed and highlighted.

we're talking about a road system which gets flooded for few hours of raining and half foot or one foot flood is guaranteed after a heavy rain fall in most of Colombo roads itself. I'm waiting to see how some of these hybrids negotiate floods what we used to negotiate about few months back on almost regularly basis.

Well My Question is why Toyota Lanka have not thought about those things when they import Prius in those days..

Well My Question is why Toyota Lanka have not thought about those things when they import Prius in those days..

I don't represent this agent here, what I said was their concerns were sensible knowing how complex the hybrid synergy drive system and having a high voltage battery back behind the passenger seat.

I'm sure back then they would've done a feasibility and it might've got failed, you never know.

I don't represent this agent here, what I said was their concerns were sensible knowing how complex the hybrid synergy drive system and having a high voltage battery back behind the passenger seat.

I'm sure back then they would've done a feasibility and it might've got failed, you never know.

i have cn many car in auctions which has damaged its back,but still they r in good condition

i dont think they are thinking about our safety..............

The added cost is due to the scoob lights and solapanel.

No machan it has push start, you dont have to buy any exercise machines or a membership to the gym. You can push start it every morning and get a full body workout :P

The added cost is due to the scoob lights and solapanel.

laugh.gif I don't really see any solar panel on it though, haven't even seen that in the options list of Toyota Japan.

Seems like an idiot brought down G Selection car, that'd have much higher cost and tax but doubt it'd be sold anywhere close to that price when S/G are going for 3-3.5M. If the trim I guess is correct, it should have radar guided cruise control etc., though don't know how useful for SL

No machan it has push start, you dont have to buy any exercise machines or a membership to the gym. You can push start it every morning and get a full body workout :P

:lol: you get the car and exercises in same package not a bad deal after all :P

laugh.gif I don't really see any solar panel on it though, haven't even seen that in the options list of Toyota Japan.

Seems like an idiot brought down G Selection car, that'd have much higher cost and tax but doubt it'd be sold anywhere close to that price when S/G are going for 3-3.5M. If the trim I guess is correct, it should have radar guided cruise control etc., though don't know how useful for SL

Actually the 2010+ prius comes with a 50w output solar panel. It's optional and from what I remember d anit does cost a something like $2000 for the U.S. models so I'm guessing the japs should be in the same range. It's main function is to power the fan when the vehicle is stopped (The fan that blows air into the cabin).

Actually saw one of those here the other day. I'm guessing you won't see too many as it is optional and people are less likely to spend money on a little thing such as that when they bought it new (unless they are tree huggers).

Actually the 2010+ prius comes with a 50w output solar panel. It's optional and from what I remember d anit does cost a something like $2000 for the U.S. models so I'm guessing the japs should be in the same range. It's main function is to power the fan when the vehicle is stopped (The fan that blows air into the cabin).

Actually saw one of those here the other day. I'm guessing you won't see too many as it is optional and people are less likely to spend money on a little thing such as that when they bought it new (unless they are tree huggers).

Well arnt they?? why else would they go for a hybrid! :P

well im not trying to sell one...actually im thinking of going for a Hybrid........

:grinning-smiley-003: go for it man, just sold my axio and got a prius 2008, no problems for me at all for my requirements...in fact it's not having a fun driving experience..but it's the most fuel efficient decent looking and comfortable car i have ever used...it does average 24 to 27 in my one...it performs same as axio in the mountains as i'm driving frequently to kandy, kurunegala and Matale..and reasonable ground clearance as well.. :medium-smiley-005:

:grinning-smiley-003: go for it man, just sold my axio and got a prius 2008, no problems for me at all for my requirements...in fact it's not having a fun driving experience..but it's the most fuel efficient decent looking and comfortable car i have ever used...it does average 24 to 27 in my one...it performs same as axio in the mountains as i'm driving frequently to kandy, kurunegala and Matale..and reasonable ground clearance as well.. :medium-smiley-005:

hey AbeysinghE how much did you pay for you'r prius? and it got more ground clearance than corolla axio? and what is your fuel type 95 octane or 90 octane?

hey AbeysinghE how much did you pay for you'r prius? and it got more ground clearance than corolla axio? and what is your fuel type 95 octane or 90 octane?

I paid 2.8 million for that..got it directly imported through one of my friend..I'm using 95 octane ,but 90 octane also can be used and have no much of difference to to fuel figures..ground clearance is same as axio i suppose...i think there is a way to uplift the car upto 2 inch at toyota lanka...I was also so hesitated to go for a prius as the reviews in AL is not so favorable to prius..but i think i have got value for money..than an axio..

• Like 2

I paid 2.8 million for that..got it directly imported through one of my friend..I'm using 95 octane ,but 90 octane also can be used and have no much of difference to to fuel figures..ground clearance is same as axio i suppose...i think there is a way to uplift the car upto 2 inch at toyota lanka...I was also so hesitated to go for a prius as the reviews in AL is not so favorable to prius..but i think i have got value for money..than an axio..

ok thanks AbeysinghE :)

Isnt the prius already too tall ? i think it will look odd if you increase the height further