• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E36 (318I) Vs E30 (316I)

pontiac_gto

Question

1 answer to this question

Hello! Nice topic you have started here!

Well both cars have their pros and cons

I shall start off with the E30! Its an amazing car, also one of those Bullet proof Beemers! Anyone who drives one will say it drives like a dream

A 316 wont be a really punchy motor to be honest but it will get you around

As an owner of an E36, quite the same story. But, the E36 was BMW's first computer designed car. so not as bullet proof! Not to say they were weak cars, just that they tend to rust slightly more easily than the E30. So check on that when ever you are to buy a car. Also the E36 will obviously have more road presence than its predecessor! But a E30 done right will turn an enthusiasts head any time! If its a 318 try going for the M43 engine

Parts wise both cars will be easy to maintain if the previous owners took good care of them.....mods wise finding good bits for your E30 will be considerably more than a E36

It all depends on what you want from your car at the end of the day.......