• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importance Of Ball Joints

CodeMaster

Question

My car is a Honda city 2001 model and I went for wheel alignment after tyre replacement. They told me left wheels ball joint has broken and no point of doing a wheel alignment. So now I am so worried, want to know what the danger facts are if ball joint is broken. And is too costly part to replace? Can it done in normal repair place and what do you thing if it refill and repair.

Dear experts pls share your thoughts with the prices of ball joints.

Thanks\ you in advance.

2 answers to this question

I doubt your ball joint is "broken" if it was I don't think you would have been able to drive to the alignment place. It's probably worn out due to age or lack of grease. They are generally not that expensive unless your car calls for the replacement of the entire control arm. They can be repacked with grease and have new boots put in but it depends on how much wear you have on the joint.

Either way, get it fixed immediately before you end up in an accident.