• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Belt Not Rotate In Perfectly Middle In The Freely Rotating Pulley

nish1

Hi Experts,

Engine Belt not rotate in perfectly middle in the freely rotating pulley.as you see you can see the engine pullies and the the way belt going around those. I have enlarged the free pulley ,its not connected to any unit but helps to the belt I guess,

The problem is the belt not going perfectly middle of the pulley and I cant imagine why was resiliently I had a situation my belt damaged cant find the problem.

And when replacing the new belt I saw a small play on this pulley too.

recently I replace my compressor and do not no whether is that the problem.

Untitled.png

Sorry bro, but its not possible for just that pulley to be freely rotating, as the entire belt is pivoted around that, meaning ALL belts should be loose then..

The issue could be something as simple as a loose tensioner or a expended belt..

Just to get a better understanding, the belt IS still running on the pulley's groove yes?

Thanks for replying! Yes for other pules, this pulley do not have groves and the other side of the belt touches this? This cant be happen due to the new compressor ryte? Yesterday I put the new belt and today I saw this.

Even the compressor is not perfectly aligned to other pules.. this case cant be happen isn't it? coz I saw smale alignment issue with the bottom pulley with the compressor..

Edited by nish1

It is unlikely that it is due to the pulley shown above. Are you sure that the compressor pulley is in perfect alignment with the other pulleys? Is the number of grooves in the replaced belt matching with those in pulleys? Did you hear a belt slipping noise immediately after changing the belt? Hope you changed the compressor and retained original pulley?

It is unlikely that it is due to the pulley shown above.

Are you sure that the compressor pulley is in perfect alignment with the other pulleys?Yes not perfectly but there is small different

Is the number of grooves in the replaced belt matching with those in pulleys?Yes its 4PK 1790

Did you hear a belt slipping noise immediately after changing the belt? Yes I got a noise when car get slow down the speed.

Hope you changed the compressor and retained original pulley?Yes

Thanks for taking time to reply.. :)

Edited by nish1

If you have retained the original compressor pulley, I do not see a reason for a misalignment unless the mechanic make a mistake in fixing compressor. You need the pulleys to be in perfect alignment. Also whenever you change the belt test it immediately by turning the steering wheel fully to either side (while the engine is running in idle and with AC), to load the steering oil pump. If there is a problem in belt tension or alignment you will begin to hear the slipping noise. Thus you can do the correction before you drive. I do not know how severe your misalignment is, but my advise is to get it corrected before you replace another belt.

If you have retained the original compressor pulley, I do not see a reason for a misalignment unless the mechanic make a mistake in fixing compressor. You need the pulleys to be in perfect alignment. Also whenever you change the belt test it immediately by turning the steering wheel fully to either side (while the engine is running in idle and with AC), to load the steering oil pump. If there is a problem in belt tension or alignment you will begin to hear the slipping noise. Thus you can do the correction before you drive. I do not know how severe your misalignment is, but my advise is to get it corrected before you replace another belt.

Thanks. Did not know such a diagnosis mechanism. will do a try

Well either the replaced compressor is not identical to the original one that came with the vehicle (not the one it replaced because that too could be a replacement) or something on the belt is out of alignment with the rest of the items on the belt. I have to say that this could be a design feature rather than a fault.

Rule of thumb to check for the belt tension is to press the belt (on its flat side NOT the ribbed side) at the mid-point of the longest free span between pulleys and see if it moves by around 1cm or so. Less than 1cm may indicate a high belt tension.

HI guys can anybody tell me..can the pulley adjust in a compressor for fit the correct alignment in to the other pules. as those compressors made with that possibility?

You can adjust the compressor alignment with shims depending on the direction and the extent of the misalignment. Take the car back to the mechanic who replaced the compressor. He should be able to tell you the feasibility.

You can adjust the compressor alignment with shims depending on the direction and the extent of the misalignment. Take the car back to the mechanic who replaced the compressor. He should be able to tell you the feasibility.

Hi Rumesh,

As you said I took it to the mechanic and replaced with my old pulley back now its so far so good..have to drive more and test it,Anyway thank for guidance.

Cheers!

Well, I thought you meant you retained the original pulley on the compressor when you said "yes" to m question. But you seem to have retained the pulley in your car boot instead. However, safe driving :sport-smiley-004: !!!