• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Details About Peugeot 206

denprash

I need some comments about the below topics.Just heard that Peugeot vehicles are not easy to maintain.I'm lookong for an auto transmission one.

1. Spare parts availabilty

2. Maintainance cost.

3.Second hand value.

I love this hatchback model,but have a little fear to buy it.I need some ideas........!!

I had a 206 about a year back. 1.4L Auto. Great little car but fuel economy was poor (6-7 KMs in the city), Gearbox had it's issues, Yes the famous AL4 gearbox. Maintanence is genarally more expensive than Japs but better compared to the bigger Peugeot models. Parts are freely avilable except for body parts. Not that body parts are not there but they are hard to come by.

If you are getting one, make sure you get a manual, I have a firend who has one and the fuel economy is great, Does about 12. Also will save you the annoying gearbox issues.

Whatever you do avoid the diesel. There are only a handful of cars here. We owned one (purchased un-reg almost brand new) and it was one of the most unreliable cars we've ever owned. The timing belt kept snapping on a regular basis and the engine went bust requiring a full re-build at a very low mileage. Can't recall the exact figure now. The agents (you know who) were quite spaced out about it and told us all the other diesels were not even running.

I'm guessing that batch of cars had some defect (probably fixed by recall in EU) and some mods might have sorted this but we had lost patience.

• Like 1