• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A Car For Around 3M

panhida

Question

I am looking to purchase a car with a budget around 3 Million. The car will mostly be used for running around Colombo and the occasional out of Colombo /outstation family trips.

I am looking for a economical / easy to maintain and durable car for home use, not a sports or fast car (yes, I realise with this budget they would be out of my range :sad-smiley-050: ).

I am new to the local market and not familier with the current prices, Would appreciate all comments and suggestions from my respected friends of Autolanka.

Warm regards to all.

If u can stretch a bit u can easily pick up a registered insight for around 3.3, a reg fit hybrid for around 3 and a reg prius 2nd gen for around 3.5...

Or Even a 2008 Yaris/Belta.. Get the 1300cc version though.. the 1000cc doesn't do that well on fuel.. Not that i'm a toyota lover but it's a newer car compared to some of the others in the price range so chances are you'll have fewer running repairs..

A good said & well recommendation

Do you have any idea why insight 2nd hand market is bit less? Even I have seen people who sell their insights between 3M to 3.2M (2009 Used)

A good said & well recommendation

Do you have any idea why insight 2nd hand market is bit less? Even I have seen people who sell their insights between 3M to 3.2M (2009 Used)

I honestly have no idea.. I have no heard any major issues with the insight unlike the civic non-facelift fd3 civic hybrid which has all sorts of IMA battery problems. My guess is that around 3.3 is the going rate as an unreg one can be found for around 3.8...

Well, in that case I think the best choice would be a Honda Fit hybrid. It will most probably a one or two year old car and it has good options like cruise control and all for 3.2 million.

100% agreed, Go for Honda Fit Hybrid. I am using Honda Insight Hybrid for 2 years without a single issue. Has driven more than 45,000Kms in Sri Lanka.