• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Send Mta6 Copy After Selling Vehicle?

Saturn

Question

Just to confirm - where does one send the "copy for the commissioner of motor traffic" of MTA6?

is it to this address?

No. 341, Alvitigala Mawatha, Colombo 05, Narahenpita.

found here.

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_contactmap&view=contactmap&id=1&Itemid=129〈=en

PS: I apologize if this question was asked before - I could not find the answer despite searching.

Edited by Saturn

1 answer to this question

Just to confirm - where does one send the "copy for the commissioner of motor traffic" of MTA6?

is it to this address?

No. 341, Alvitigala Mawatha, Colombo 05, Narahenpita.

found here.

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_contactmap&view=contactmap&id=1&Itemid=129〈=en

PS: I apologize if this question was asked before - I could not find the answer despite searching.

Saturn,

You have found the correct address of Registrar of motor vehicles.Send your copy to that address.As early as possible.

Under is not relevant to the topic. It is for information.

When ever I sell a vehicle I get two copies of the transfer forms MTA 6 and MTA 8 signed from the buyer. For my safety. Buyers ID copy.

Download from the RMV web site, which is accepted by the authority. Both forms are posted under registered post to RMV.

That prevents the new buyer using a vehicle without transferring the vehicle. Once I had a problem selling a vehicle without informing the RMV.

The new user had used for almost one year without transferring the vehicle. He was a hit and run driver. With a Police inquiry later.

Fortunately I had taken a photostat copy of the Transfer form.

Also informs the Insurance, I have sold the vehicle. I all ways have comprehensive insurance cover for vehicles.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.