• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibration In Engine Between 1500Rpm - 2000Rpm

Podi Lamaya

Question

Hi Guys,

My car is a Toyota Carina Si MyRoad (mfd.1999) and currently it is having abnormal vibration between 1500rpm - 2000rpm. This happens mostly at the cold start and when the engine is heated up to certain level, this vibration issue disappears. Any idea what is causing this? Is there any good place to check the vehicle (apart from Toyota Lanka)?

Note: Engine mounts are in good condition.

Thanks.

Edited by Podi Lamaya

8 answers to this question

Yes, it is an automatic gear box (not CVT). But I don't think it is a transmission issue. But I am not much in to Automobile stuff. So, no idea whether there is something to do with transmission. Anyway no issues with gear shifting. It is very smooth.

Last tuneup done by Toyota Lanka in December 2012 (6 months back). They replaced all spark plugs, throttle position sensor and also completed a full throttle body clean up + injector nozzle cleanup.

Why did they change the TPS during the tune up? Did you get any problem last time too?

I assume you have run for around 5000km since the last tune up. Remove your plugs and see if they are carbonized. In an normal engine you would find them all with the same light brown tint. Other thing is get someone to measure the resistance of plug wires to see if any one of them is open.

Hi Guys,

My car is a Toyota Carina Si MyRoad (mfd.1999) and currently it is having abnormal vibration between 1500rpm - 2000rpm. This happens mostly at the cold start and when the engine is heated up to certain level, this vibration issue disappears. Any idea what is causing this? Is there any good place to check the vehicle (apart from Toyota Lanka)?

Note: Engine mounts are in good condition.

Thanks.

Even D*mo is rather good. Mods, pls delete this post if you feel it is advertising. Now re: the prob can I know the idle RPM ?