• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Buggers Might Not Like This

sharkster

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait till preveen n isuru see dis...dey'll do deir whole luv-hate thng as quotd by fuz

cmon sharkster dont try to be a j*rk... that desperate american bugger has spoken no sense... he hasn't proven Honda's are bad by refering to facts and figures... the only comparsion is american V8 vs. 1.8L vs. Honda's ... that is absolute bull shit :)

This bugger surely must be havin some major issues :)

The AMERICAN Big THREE SUCKS Big time ..... Big Big Big time... they are dieing ... so wotz there response... attack the most formiddable opponent(Honda may not be the most formaiddable opponent by figures ... but the iconic effect of NSX... ACCORD ruined the Big 3 Dominated Detrot based suckers forever... Toyota sepped in the way after Honda had undone the giants)

aint mad wit you sharster... but if i get hold of this sad ass*d yankee ... i am gonna ........ :PB)

cmon sharkster dont try to be a j*rk... that desperate american bugger has spoken no sense... he hasn't proven Honda's are bad by refering to facts and figures... the only comparsion is american V8 vs. 1.8L vs. Honda's ... that is absolute bull shit

The AMERICAN Big THREE SUCKS Big time ..... Big Big Big time... they are dieing ... so wotz there response... attack the most formiddable opponent(Honda may not be the most formaiddable opponent by figures ... but the iconic effect of NSX... ACCORD ruined the Big 3 Dominated Detrot based suckers forever... Toyota sepped in the way after Honda had undone the giants)

Actually, u'll notice that he says Hondas are pretty good, but Honda owners tend to blank out defects by declaring Honda's the hottest thing since sliced bread. I'm in full agreement with that. Its mostly Civic owners that make me dislike the car. For some reason, it attracts lotsa assholes. Not saying everyone who drives a civic is like that, but it really does attract a lot of them.

Iconic cars are ones that actually sell, old boy. Cars that have the Icon tag, like the Mustang, the Mini and the Beetle have sold in the thousands. Any American will pick the Corvette any day over the NSX. U can argue performance, or figures of any kind till ur blue in the face, BUT... It didn't sell. I doubt the NSX had anything to do with the Decline of Detroit. Rather, it had more to do with the flood of Cheap Imports (Read: Civic and brethern. Actually, I think the decline predates the Civic, but need to check that) And BTW, right until the mid-late 90s Honda was in third among Jap manufacturers, behind Toyota and Nissan.

Heck there is no consensus in calling the NSX a supercar. This is the first time I heard it called an Icon. :)

wait till preveen n isuru see dis...dey'll do deir whole luv-hate thng as quotd by fuz

^

|

Didn't wanna let u two down :)

He he this is the reason why there are no 'Nissan haters' or 'Toyota haters' web pages!!

Well you cant take away any credit away from the Americans.. the 60's & 70's saw them bring ‘motor muscle’ that was previously reserved for the race track, on to the street at an affordable price.

What Honda did well, is to bring performance and economy together..

Hey anyone watched the ‘Dukes of Hazzard’??? Damn you got to love that Charger!!

cmon sharkster dont try to be a j*rk... that desperate american bugger has spoken no sense... he hasn't proven Honda's are bad by refering to facts and figures... the only comparsion is american V8 vs. 1.8L vs. Honda's ... that is absolute bull shit :)

This bugger surely must be havin some major issues B)

aint mad wit you sharster... but if i get hold of this sad ass*d yankee ... i am gonna ........ :P:P

first of all u lil wanker nobody calls me a jerk...especially sum1 i knw only thru a goddamn forum...read d f**king website properly as to how HONDA OWNERS like YOU endorse the greatness of honda

dont get me wrng cos i like honda's...especially d S2000 n NSX but these are not the econoboxes dat u hav...honda, or for dat matter any other car manufacturer, doesnt score wit every car dey make...i dont go around blowing my trumpet abt nissan even though d skylines n 350Z's r so great...heck i can make a list of problems wit a cefiro dat wud make sum1 look down on nissan...all that shit above cumin frm sum1 who owns a shitty city??i'd accept comments like dat frm sum1 wit a civic SiR or Type R but under no circumstances a HONDA CITY owner

i will post watever d f**k i want but it dsnt necessarily mean i support it

He he this is the reason why there are no 'Nissan haters' or 'Toyota haters' web pages!!

Well you cant take away any credit away from the Americans.. the 60's & 70's saw them bring ‘motor muscle’ that was previously reserved for the race track, on to the street at an affordable price.

What Honda did well, is to bring performance and economy together..

Hey anyone watched the ‘Dukes of Hazzard’??? Damn you got to love that Charger!!

dude wat charger? all i saw was jessica simpson in a bikini :)

first of all u lil wanker nobody calls me a jerk...especially sum1 i knw only thru a goddamn forum...read d f**king website properly as to how HONDA OWNERS like YOU endorse the greatness of honda

dont get me wrng cos i like honda's...especially d S2000 n NSX but these are not the econoboxes dat u hav...honda, or for dat matter any other car manufacturer, doesnt score wit every car dey make...i dont go around blowing my trumpet abt nissan even though d skylines n 350Z's r so great...heck i can make a list of problems wit a cefiro dat wud make sum1 look down on nissan...all that shit above cumin frm sum1 who owns a shitty city??i'd accept comments like dat frm sum1 wit a civic SiR or Type R but under no circumstances a HONDA CITY owner

Cool Down guys... :lol:

Sharky, you don't have to be upset abt a comment from somebody who owns a Honda and so protective abt it, when somebody shows some downfall about a Honda.

One thing I've realized... Honda owners, for some reason really defend and talk big about their motors. Not only in Sri Lanka, but all over the world. Never seen this attitude from any other motor owners. Every car got its own problems, no doubt about it. But Honda owners keep on saying they're the superior in the trade, no defects what so ever. And one other thing, haven't seen much recalls for defects from Hondas. Is it because they are really defect free or really don't care to recall and show they’re not the god?

What's the real reason behind?

1. What they say is, what they mean B) ... or

2. They really have to defend their cars (U know what I mean) :rolleyes:

U'll have to start a new thread if u wanna make that a poll, mano.

We all know that there are more Honda owners than the others in this forum. So we know what the result will be as well.

Actually this is a question Honda owners should ask from them selves.

One thing i have to make clear, this doesn't goes to all the Honda Owners, but for those ...... :rolleyes:

Yo man whoever you are I see you make some really really dumb argument into something huge. If you wanna get down to being critical about every little tiny detail then every car in the world has problems. Did you know the great Enzo Ferrari can only take a very small number of hard starts?? Wow pay big buck and get shit clutch. Every car has it's downsides and if anyone said a honda is perfect then they'd be morons.

Lets get away from that and comment on what honda has achieved.

-->Fastest production 1600cc car in the world--Civic typeR EK9

-->Fastest production 1800cc car in the world--Integra typeR DC2

-->Best handling in its class and year of production Civic typeR

Compare one small thing. 1600cc EK9 type R or a 1800cc DC2 type R....What are their quater mile times?? In the 14's if I'm right, then compare it to a muscle car like a standard Mustang or a Corvette is there a huge difference?? Even if it was two or three seconds, it's still not much cause with the initial money you'd spend on a Corvette or Mustang you could mod the honda to whip the shit out of a muscle car. Fact man!!!!

No matter what's said the NSX wasn't a great hit in the US but in comparison to what a standard road going Vette or a Mustang could do around the track the NSX was impressive. The only thing American cars seem to have is raw power, handling?? Grip?? Fuel efficiency??? None of it. Yeah Honda's come with cheap interiors, they have squeeks and exhaust rattles but whatever is said and done around the world honda's sell more than any other performance car. It's a fact!! All over the world if you take the world market Japanese cars on a whole sell more than European and American cars, and the performance enthusiast who wants a bang for buck car which can be driven and afforded as an every day car will always be a Honda owner. Sorry man, gotta state the facts.

Me gonna have another crack at this B)

he hasn't proven Honda's are bad by refering to facts and figures... the only comparsion is american V8 vs. 1.8L vs. Honda's ... that is absolute bull shit :rolleyes:

He hasn't set out to prove that Hondas are BAD. Hes tring to prove that Hondas are OVER-HYPED AND OVER-RATED. And about ppl who bash other cars while telling u Hondas are "superior". U fit the bill very well, and have acted just as he says a Honda owner will act :P

Then he mentions he is specifically targeting the Honda Lovers delusion that the VTEC engines are better than V8s. Don't share that delusion? Fine. Baleng thoppi adala daa ganna epa.

I suspect this article is a bit out of date however. Forone thing he talks about Wards engine list in '97. True, no hondas there. However, we have the following.

'95 Honda 2.2 L I4 F22

'96 Honda 2.2 L I4 F22

'97-'99 Nothing

'00 Honda 2.0 L I4 F20C

'01 Honda 2.0 L I4 F20C

'02 Honda 2.0 L I4 K20

'03 Honda 2.0 L I4 K20 & Honda 3.0 L V6 J30

'04 Honda 3.0 L V6 J30

'05 Honda/Acura 3.5 L V6 J35 & Honda 3.0 L V6 J30 IMA Hybrid

'06 Nothing

Now before u start dancing in the office, pls bear in mind, the ONLY engine to have appeared in the list in EVERY SINGLE YEAR since it was published, including 2006 now, is Nissan's VQ series. Nissan, take a bow. Also that means Nissan is the only company to have an engine on the list every year. Study the list here.

Also note, SL Honda owners beloved B16s don't make the cut. (Nor does my beloved RB26DETT. Now THAT is shocking. Nevermind, there is the VQ, which powers the Z and will power the next gen GT-Rs :lol: )

Also, notice, the guy is right. In recent years looks like Honda have noticed that "there aint no replacement for displacement" and have got their 3.0 and above engines in the list.

See the thing is, first u cry foul that the comparison is a 1.8L vs a V8. Then u say the producers of said V8s suck, they are dieing, and that is so becoz of... the NSX? Check it, 2006's engine list has two American V8s a V6 and an I4. The only Japanese I4 is from Mazda.

About the Honda lemmings thing, check madmax. He is finally coming around after ... well ... events.

Hey Sharkster,

aint mad wit you sharster... but if i get hold of this sad ass*d yankee ... i am gonna ........

didnt you see the above... i wasnt taking anything personally at anytime, I jst gave a good response that u'd been anticipating as eveident by one of your own previous posts... i never spoke about my Honda City at anytime in this thread or your cefiro for that matter(been appreciating your cefiro all the time)... i can see how much of a frustrated person you are inside to drag these things into a forum, I am 23, and I have been able to afford a car for my self all out of job at this age and I am happy about it(no big deal but i am happy enough)...

No jokes with you anymore buddy!!!

american bugger know only to compare with a V8 why he cant compare with a 4cylinder. and he is telling v8 has more power. of course it should have and civic are more economical than v8s and cheap

who cares what others say if u like honda go for it if u like ford go for it, why buy cars for satisfy others. my opinion is to buy a car that SATISFY U.

bye

Ok let me get down to it again to give you a more specific argument. Tell me how much does a V8 engine produce with no supercharger and how ever much cc?? 4000cc?? 5000cc??? Give me an answer to that.

Look comparing engine to engine is not worth it, because engine to engine then the vtec engine is the at the cutting edge of technology to help increase engine life, fuel efficiency, performance and reliability on a whole. A V8 on the other hand just produces Horsepower which is not all that matters in the practical world. What I mentioned before, fuel efficiency, reliability matter a lot to the every day guy. I'm not trying to brag about how the honda engine is better but it's a fact that nowadays CC is not everything. Yes if you have a huge cc engine you can beat a smaller cc engine and that's not the last word. Then if you wanna compare it in the simple terms of cc then I could compare the v10 engine in the Honda F1 car to a vipers v10 and there'd be no competition and at the same time the CC of an F1 car is probably less than a viper. How curios. It isn't just cc that matters anymore and it's about technology and even if you don't accept it the world already has. Ok so honda's aren't the best engines in the world maybe but they definitely are the most powerful in their cc category. 1600, and 1800, Imagine Honda actually concentrated on a V8 engine or V10 of their own?? Imagine the horspower the engine might produce with the same technology in the B16 engines and the B18 engines. Compare what can be compared. If somebody did say that the V8's will disappear, then I guess it is funny because the american V8's will always be one of the greatest legendary engines, not cause of how hi tech or advanced they are. Only because of how simple they are, and how they can produce flat out horsepower and nothing else. On the other hand the vtec engines will always be a legendary engine because of it's technology because of the ability of an engine to give you hi performance, as well as fuel efficiency when driven outside the vtec zone and reliability. Two different classes, two different engines and there is no comparison.

Finally said I know this is not what the original argument was about, but......Honda do produce the engines that produce the highest horsepower with the least amount of cc, and without the addition of any type of turbo or supercharger. Just from fueling and ecu black art. That is something they must be given credit for!!!

Hey Sharkster,

didnt you see the above... i wasnt taking anything personally at anytime, I jst gave a good response that u'd been anticipating as eveident by one of your own previous posts... i never spoke about my Honda City at anytime in this thread or your cefiro for that matter(been appreciating your cefiro all the time)... i can see how much of a frustrated person you are inside to drag these things into a forum, I am 23, and I have been able to afford a car for my self all out of job at this age and I am happy about it(no big deal but i am happy enough)...

No jokes with you anymore buddy!!!

how does autolanka attract such knobs

listen dude...dnt try to bring dat shit up abt 'im a lil hard worker' cos i wrk for myslf too...my parents dnt giv me jack else i'd b drivin sumthng fancy...n FYI im 23 too n graduatd frm uni at 20...d reason i snappd is cos i postd a website link dat dsnt even hav a trace of sharky input n u call me a 'jerk'?dude u hav to wonder y preveen n pila take d piss out of u n not any1 else IN EVERY THREAD...how blonde can u get??

u hav to learn to watch ur tongue WHICH EVER HOLE IT COMES OUT OF n dere u go again callin me frustratd...do u really think i giv a damn if ur 'mad' at me??

ur rite u didnt bring d city up in dis thread but d reason ur so full of urslf is cos u own a honda be it a 600cc honda beat...there r loads of ppl i knw who luv honda's but dey dnt go on abt em like u do everywhere...if u want to b sumbody jus shut up already

im sorry man but u dnt knw me n i wont accept nonsense frm a nobody

for the rest who've gone OT...jus keep reading d top bit of the website plz thanks