• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Full Service

nish1

hello friends

i'm having a premio 260

done 26000km and need service now

bought this at 21000km

i'm new to petrol vehicles

please let me know a reliable place to do service in around colombo

what need to be checked and changed

oil to be used - hope it's toyota

any other things that i have to check

please do reply

thanx in advanced

hello friends

i'm having a premio 260

done 26000km and need service now

bought this at 21000km

i'm new to petrol vehicles

please let me know a reliable place to do service in around colombo

what need to be checked and changed

oil to be used - hope it's toyota

any other things that i have to check

please do reply

thanx in advanced

Toyota Lanka or Kl**n Pa*k are quite good. Change engine oil and oil filter at every service (5000 km) and air filter every 20000 km or earlier if signs of damage. Use Toyota oil and Toyota or VIC filters. Best to change CVT oil at 40000 km intervals using only genuine Toyota CVT oil for peace of mind.

Edited by CNX

Guys,

Why it is not a good practice to changing engine oil brand??

Say for and example, you have used Caltex(10W -40) engine oil in ur previous service and this time due to some reason you thought of putting Mobil(10W -40)

Is it because though the oil manufacturers have given specs, they are not identically same to one anther or is there any other reason???

• Like 1

Toyota Lanka or Kl**n Pa*k are quite good. Change engine oil and oil filter at every service (5000 km) and air filter every 20000 km or earlier if signs of damage. Use Toyota oil and Toyota or VIC filters. Best to change CVT oil at 40000 km intervals using only genuine Toyota CVT oil for peace of mind.

thanx a lot

does it need any other checks like sensors, ac, break pads, engine tune up at 26000km

Sensors - If you are really keen, you can get the car scanned for faults. In practice, if the the car is running smooth and does not have warning lights flashing on the dash board, I wouldn't bother.

AC - They will clean the cabin air filter at the regular service. Its good practice to have the AC system checked and serviced every couple of years

Brake pads will be inspected during regular service.

Tune up - If the engine runs smoothly without a miss or rough idling, no check engine lights , passes the emission test without a problem and returns good fuel economy it probably doesn't need one. However you may do it annually for peace of mind.