• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Vanette C22 Fibre Spring Leave

Nissan cdj

My van is a Nissan Vanette Vx which is 2wd which came with horizomtally mounted oem leaf springs and its really nt good coz as it frighten. eve o comcrete roads so its mt comfatable ridig o this

i hv heard tht there are fibe leaf sprigs to be boughtat themarket and i hv no idea about this so i need advice from u expertise to get to know about this is it okay using this on my van and is it compatible with vanette c22 and i hv heard it gives more comfort and nt frightning as oem springs is it true ?

Thnx in advance

I don't think fiberglass is a material you can make leaf springs out of. It just doesn't possess the properties necessary and are prone to cracking under pressure. The only option you realistically have is to switch to slightly less heavy duty springs, transplant the suspension from a passenger version of the van, or if its a 3 leaf setup reduce one leaf, but this must be done by a professional who understand the repercussions and bear in mind you will have to do a lot of research before you do something like that.

I only mentioned it because to increase the load bearing capacity in goods vehicle a common upgrade is to increase the number of leaf springs or to switch to more rigid versions, and a couple of friends who are tradies have had this upgrade done to their lorries.