• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Vanette Turbo Engine (Ld20 Ii)

Nissan cdj

Is it worth replacing a turbo engine for a Nissan vanette which has a non turbo engine if so what are the pros and cons as u experts know ? And as i knw itwill cost some more bugs to buy a turbo than a non turbo so i have never used a turbo before and i am more obliged to know it from u expertise

thanking you

Jdnet thanx for the info and i need to knw the abt the fuel consumption of a turbo engine ? and u knw its not just a vanette its passenger vanette Vx with full option and but no rpm since my van is a non turbo and turbovanette vx's came with rpm and turbo.so i need to knw if i fix a turbo engine can i fix a orginal dash board meter with rpm which will gives us the oem condition of the vehicle

If you just need an rpm meter I'm sure you can fit an after market one and it will suffice. You also need to check what the difference between the turbo and the non turbo engine are. If its the same engine code other than a T or something at the end, its possible you can upgrade your existing engine to have a tubo by purchasing an exhaust manifold, turbo, intercooler, piping and any other bits you need. You might need to look into your fuel delivery system as well, and if the engine is electronically controlled via ECU you might need either the ECU for the turbo engine (if it fits the harness) or a piggy back ECU.

Fuel consumption might be a bit higher under the turbo setup (power can't come from nowhere).

If you replace the engine you will need a wiring harness as well if it is different.

But all in all its probably not going to be a financially efficient conversion.

Dude, vanettes are supposed to be economical vehicles,

why plant a turbo to a van that already has enough power for its weight ?

of course there have been stock turbo vanettes,

they now has all the downsides of the turbo to their aging engines and your transplant will make the old van go to hell very soon!

Don thnx for yhe info and here vanette engines have no ecu and u knw same engine. same cylinder capacity which interprits just a T as u mentioned and as u said its clear that we can set a rpm externally i mean after market therefore iys obvious tht i can give that line to a orginal vanette rpm meter in the dash so no probs ryt ?

Cyclist thnxx for the info and u knw most of the vanette turbo owners used to say that their vanettes are fuel efficient than non turbos they say that turbos ld 20 II T engines does abt 16 per litre and their pulling power is soo good that non turbo so isnt it wise replacing a turbo engine since. the current is also about to go out what do u think

Don thnx for yhe info and here vanette engines have no ecu and u knw same engine. same cylinder capacity which interprits just a T as u mentioned and as u said its clear that we can set a rpm externally i mean after market therefore iys obvious tht i can give that line to a orginal vanette rpm meter in the dash so no probs ryt ?

Don't know if you can give it to the original directly. You will have to figure out the mrchsnism as to how it works with the turbo engine and apply the same to non turbo. The rpm Meyer needs a feed from somewhere and in petrol cars you can get it from the distributor etc. Not sure on diesels. There could be a sensor or a unit you might have to install. Personally its a lot of work for a reading which is not much use in a diesel van. I mean you as an experienced driver can sense the rpm anyway and know when to change gears. What benefit will an rpm Meyer give you apart from it being purely cosmetic.

Also be aware if you are changing the instrument cluster the wiring harness might be different.

Nissan cdj, with more power from the engine, you will need better breaks to stop the vehicle. You might have to upgrade the breake system too.

Ask yourself is it worth doing the mod. Were you unhappy with the performance of the old engine? if not why change?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Don" data-cid="245885" data-time="1377083055"><p>

Don't know if you can give it to the original directly. You will have to figure out the mrchsnism as to how it works with the turbo engine and apply the same to non turbo. The rpm Meyer needs a feed from somewhere and in petrol cars you can get it from the distributor etc. Not sure on diesels. There could be a sensor or a unit you might have to install. Personally its a lot of work for a reading which is not much use in a diesel van. I mean you as an experienced driver can sense the rpm anyway and know when to change gears. What benefit will an rpm Meyer give you apart from it being purely cosmetic. Also be aware if you are changing the instrument cluster the wiring harness might be different.</p></blockquote>

The don thnxc for the reply again in my case i hope it would be very easy to fix rpm since there are turbo and some non turbo vanette vx and sgl came with factory fitted Rpm and Don what do u think as isam said do i need to uphrade my brake system too both non turbo and turbo vanettes sgl vx came with same options with same brake system ryt i hope therefore no need of upgration of brake system ryt ?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="isam" data-cid="245901" data-time="1377097504"><p>

Nissan cdj, with more power from the engine, you will need better breaks to stop the vehicle. You might have to upgrade the breake system too.<br />

<br />

Ask yourself is it worth doing the mod. Were you unhappy with the performance of the old engine? if not why change?</p></blockquote>

Isam thnx for ur idea.i think its a good idea and if it is going to be so it would be better but u knw both non turbo and turbo vanetees which came in Vx and Sgl versions though its turbo or non turbo both the vehicles have identical break system with similar option therefore i hope no need ryt? Even i don't know it exactly wether i need it to be done if u knw the scene or the thing please be kind enigh to explain me about this further