• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abs And Hand Break Indicators (Lights) On

AMI0755

Question

I own a Suzuki Swift 2001,

I have the following problem, sometimes the ABS and Hand Break Indicators (Lights) starts to show up. Normally this happens when i stay in the Traffic for sometime. Sometimes this happens when i start and run, the indicators suddenly start to show up, This do not happen all the time.

When the indicators start to show up, the illumination of the indicators are very low, and barely visible, but the light slowly builds up. if i increase the AC, the indicators become brighter, and when i reduce it goes away and comes back. if the car goes in to a hole in the road the indicators go off and come back.

This is not frequent but when it comes it stays for a while.

I have had Alternator Problems also.

I scanned the car and i was told that there is a fault in one of the ABS sensors. the detail was deleted and we ran the car for about 5 - 10 Kms, it looked fine.

The same evening the problem is back again, the biggest problem i have is to show it to my garage guy, since it do not happen that often. My garage guy told that this nothing to do with the electricity, looking for a second opinion, because he has not seen it first hand. Planning to take an image next time it happens.

The worry i have is whether this is something to do with a faulty alternator, if so there might be a chance the i might get stranded on the road, it has happened to me twice, i do not want to go through the same thing again. :)

I am not sure whether this is the correct forum

3 answers to this question

sounds more like an electrical issue than anything to do with breaks.

As a start may be you should take the car to an auto electritian or a battery shop and check if the charging current from the alternator is ok.

It might well be a loose belt

Edited by HardHat