• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Second Hand Market For Nissan Skyline 250 Gt 2001 Model

nuwanr

Are you asking for a fair price to buy the car or are u contemplating its resale value?

If you want to know the fair price to buy - it will obviously depend on its condition. A skyline is not something that has a fixed average market price. There are couple of skylines hanging around in car sales like forever. They are quoted in the range of 2.7 mill

If you are contemplating its resale value - please don't buy a skyline. Get a Toyota 121 instead. It has good resale value.

• Like 5

Thank you for the response.

Yes my concern was about re-selling value.

I was looking for a car or SUV that would costs around 2.5 - 3M for about two years of time that I would stay in SL.

It should be luxury and sporty looking with minimal depreciation over the time.

Yes 121 is a realiable car but I just dont like its look.

I dont know much about the the re-selling market of cars in SL.

As many sugest Honda ES5 looks like a good option.

Would you be agree with that?

Thanks

That skyline isn't really a mainstream car nor a tuner type car. So value aside you'll have a tough time finding a buyer to begin with. Given the choice between the ES5 and the skyline, considering your requirements, the honda makes more sense.

Alright thank you for your ideas.

Skylie is now out of the context but here comes another into, Mazda 3.

I know buying a car is a personal preference, but expertise ideas are vital to make that decision as my mind is jumping from one to another over nights.

So what are the good and bad between ES3 and Mazda3 in terms of maintaning, reliabiliy, performances and re-sale value in SL?

Also how much its would be for un-registered mazda3?

I feel like the interior in Mazda3 is luxury looking and quility built than ES5.

that's actually an infiniti v35 not really a skyline, although its branded as such for our markets. no really, from the sounds of it you just want a car that you can

1. use and possibly abuse for two years

2. sell off in a hurry and possibly make a quick buck out of (sell for a profit) when you do

3. make many many panties drop with it in the short time you are here.

go for a civic. skyline is NOT for you. i don't know how to make this any clearer to you. if you can't afford a civic, or you don't like it, get your mazda 3.

we all use our cars for different and varying reasons. mine and yours, for example, are poles apart. so ask yourself what you want from the car. if it is the same things i have listed out, then your choice is obvious.

just don't expect the same quality of victorias secret panties as you would with an infiniti, tho. you're more likely to get senorita jungies with a civic.

• Like 3

Maybe because the Mazda is newer? Honda's aren't shabby. But if you're making the choice based on looks, it's entirely your call.

And BTW, if resale value is a top priority, you might want to avoid unregistered cars. Because it's downhill as soon as you slap than number plate on. Go for a car that had been used for a while, therefore the blunt end of the depreciation would have to be the out of the seller's pocket.

Dude, seriously...

A skyline is NOT for you. You shouldn't even be driving a Cefiro or a Teana. What you should be driving is a FB15, VIOS, 121 or a Tiida or something like that. They fall in to the high-fuel economy, low-maintenance category. Fix a spoiler, beat barrel and faux leather seat covers and any average joe will think its a sporty luxury car.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

Buy this one instead. Got good fuel economy (hopefully) and resale value too...

It's a toyota after all... so some random johnnie will buy it for an inflated price

2mxk3ns.jpg

What on earth is this?!? :speechless-smiley-003: I mean what was it before it was raped? :speechless-smiley-019:

Edited by isam

The hell dude? Engine overhaul, fuel efficiency? What you're trying to do is have the cake, eat the cake and open a bakery.

What you need to do is to have a sit down and think about what exactly your requirements are. If you want a sporty run about for a short period of time, throw efficiency aside...even if it burns a bit extra, it's only for a short while and you're not marrying the car. And in our kmpl market, resale value obviously isn't on the high side. Buy a decent used one, use it sensibly and give it proper care and your hit at the end will be cushioned.

If how much you spend on this endeavour is your main concern and still want the looks and the go to wow the ladies, wake the f up and buy a 121 or a vios. You will just end up ruining a good car buy cheaping out on it and only be disappointed when you realise that not many women know a good car and just guys stare. Unless of course that's where you pitch your tent.

Why on earth you're thinking of overhauling is beyond me.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="isam" data-cid="252996" data-time="1387348301"><p>

<br />

What on earth is this?!? :speechless-smiley-003: I mean what was it before it was raped? :speechless-smiley-019:</p></blockquote>

I think it was a vios if I remember right. You should see the wheels.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="isam" data-cid="252996" data-time="1387348301"><p>

<br />

What on earth is this?!? :speechless-smiley-003: I mean what was it before it was raped? :speechless-smiley-019:</p></blockquote>

I think it was a vios if I remember right. You should see the wheels.

Thanks Hoonigan. Couldn't have guessed!

I saw the front end of this car on another site. Looks even worse.

Gosh, what a waste of a decent car. :sad-smiley-054:

Edited by isam

The way I see it, if you want advice on fuel consumption and resale value in deciding whether to buy a Skyline or not, tells that a Skyline is not the car for you. Go with AL member advice and buy a Corolla, or a Vios!

Thanks Hoonigan. Couldn't have guessed!

I saw the front end of this car on another site. Looks even worse.

Gosh, what a waste of a decent car. :sad-smiley-054:

Couldn't have guessed myself machan, I remember someone else mentioning it. D*minda aiya's handy work.

Couldn't have guessed myself machan, I remember someone else mentioning it. D*minda aiya's handy work.

I'm at a loss of words on this handy work! I guess the appropriate expression for the owner of that car would be.... 'Aiyoooo Salli!'