• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

End Of The Road For Vw Camper Van

EAP

Volkswagen Camper Van Reaches End Of The Road

As a VW Camper and a Beetle lover,Its sad to read this news.One of the Best VW classics is leaving the production line for the last time in Brazil on the 31st of this Month.

http://news.sky.com/story/1187989/volkswagen-camper-van-reaches-end-of-the-road

Members,

This Volkswagen Camper Van is the most comfortable vehicle I have traveled in S L and USA.

No other vehicle of this era will come closer to that on early days.

Still few of those vehicles converted to Diesel and with Gasoline engine running in S L roads.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi

I am with you on this. Not many people will understand the beauty of these VW classics. It is an absolute pleasure to drive one of these at any day.

Sylvi

I am with you on this. Not many people will understand the beauty of these VW classics. It is an absolute pleasure to drive one of these at any day.

EAP,

I remember there were V W vans, operating a passenger service. In S L in early 1950 to late 1970, Colombo to kandy and Matara.

One passenger had to pay Rupees: 4.00 from Colombo to any of those destinations. Do the run in 3 to 3.5 hours.

There were more than 50 WV vans were operating that service, on both routes. They only take 10 passengers for a van.

There were set of people who collect passengers for those vans in Colombo and on both said towns.

Few crew cab type V W vans were transporting illicit liqueur from Dankotuwa to Colombo and other towns.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

May be the end of the road for production and the closing of the curtain of seeing any more brand new, It can also be seen as the beginning of the road for the creation of another all time classic and the opening of the curtain for an all new episode of "life after death"!!!!!!!! :)